Job description / Role
Linum Consult’s client is a major, high profile international company. They are currently seeking a Legal Counsel to be based in their Doha office.
• Ensuring the activities of the company are conducted lawfully and in compliance with all relevant contracts, procedures, and regulations
• Providing full legal service to their Operations and Business Development departments
• Providing research and legal opinions concerning specific issues such as Mergers & Acquisitions, MOUs, tender agreements, etc.
• Interfacing with key external government and private sector stakeholders
• Supporting all corporate and project procurement programmes, including assisting in the finalisation of RFPs and tender reviews and assessments
• Assisting in the development and rollout of education programmes for corporate governance and other related company policies
• Dealing with external solicitors in an efficient and cost-effective manner while obtaining external legal advice as required
• University degree qualification in Law from a recognised law school
• At least 8 years’ Legal Counsel experience, ideally with 3 years in a private practice within the energy/power industry
• Proven experience in providing legal support to the finance department and to M&A transactions
• Experience in corporate compliance
• Knowledge of corporate and project financing
• Experience with joint venture agreements
• Significant experience in at least one of the following legal fields: corporate and M&A law, banking law, or construction law
• Fluent in English with very strong verbal and written communication skills
If you feel that you have the right background of experience to take up this challenging position, then please formally submit your CV along with your current financial package details for the attention online. If your application has been successful, then we will contact you within 72 hours.
About the Company
Linum Consult is a niche global consultancy specialising in international recruitment of white collar workers across the Construction & Engineering, Mining and Oil & Gas sectors. We provide a full 360 consultancy service for clients, candidates and partners to eliminate the potential pitfalls of international mobilisation.
All Linum Consultants are industry experts with in country, international, multi-cultural experience. We provide precise market information combined with local knowledge to help facilitate informed decisions that are often life changing.