Job description / Role
Linum Consult’s client is currently seeking an Arabic- and English-speaking Legal Counsel with a background in Real Estate to support the company’s legal affairs in Qatar.
• Managing your assigned department’s legal affairs by providing expert, value-enhancing legal advice, clarifications and opinions to top management, ensuring that the organisation’s interests are well-protected
• Assisting in the selection of outside counsel, and in managing the litigation and arbitration proceedings
• Ensuring that shareholder, board, and committee meetings and decisions are properly minuted, documented, and approved, and that the relevant records are properly maintained
• Working on legal issues pertaining to the department’s assets and operations, including contentious matters
• Analyzing and advising on the threats and merits of disputes and potential court and arbitration proceedings
• Negotiating and recommending settlements where warranted in order to safeguard the department’s best interests
• Monitoring the expenditure against budgets in assigned areas of responsibility and recommending steps to address material variances
• Reviewing and revising contracts between the company and outside parties in a manner that safeguards the company’s best interests
• Bachelor’s degree in Law is essential
• At least 8-10 years of active practice in the field of Real Estate contract law, with an emphasis on leasing
• Familiarity with litigation and arbitration processes is desirable
• Solid experience of contract management and administration from a legal perspective
• Excellent communication skills in spoken and written English and Arabic
• Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills
About the Company
Linum Consult is a niche global consultancy specialising in international recruitment of white collar workers across the Construction & Engineering, Mining and Oil & Gas sectors. We provide a full 360 consultancy service for clients, candidates and partners to eliminate the potential pitfalls of international mobilisation.
All Linum Consultants are industry experts with in country, international, multi-cultural experience. We provide precise market information combined with local knowledge to help facilitate informed decisions that are often life changing.