Job description / Role
Linum Consult’s client is currently seeking an Arabic- and English-speaking Legal Counsel with a background in Real Estate to support the company’s legal affairs in Qatar.
• Managing your assigned department’s legal affairs by providing expert, value-enhancing legal advice, clarifications and opinions to top management, ensuring that the organisation’s interests are well-protected
• Assisting in the selection of outside counsel, and in managing the litigation and arbitration proceedings
• Ensuring that shareholder, board, and committee meetings and decisions are properly minuted, documented, and approved, and that the relevant records are properly maintained
• Working on legal issues pertaining to the department’s assets and operations, including contentious matters
• Analyzing and advising on the threats and merits of disputes and potential court and arbitration proceedings
• Negotiating and recommending settlements where warranted in order to safeguard the department’s best interests
• Monitoring the expenditure against budgets in assigned areas of responsibility and recommending steps to address material variances
• Reviewing and revising contracts between the company and outside parties in a manner that safeguards the company’s best interests
• Bachelor’s degree in Law is essential
• At least 8-10 years of active practice in the field of Real Estate contract law, with an emphasis on leasing
• Familiarity with litigation and arbitration processes is desirable
• Solid experience of contract management and administration from a legal perspective
• Excellent communication skills in spoken and written English and Arabic
• Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills
About the Company
Linum Consult is a niche global consultancy specialising in international recruitment of white collar workers across the Construction & Engineering, Mining and Oil & Gas sectors. We provide a full 360 consultancy service for clients, candidates and partners to eliminate the potential pitfalls of international mobilisation.
All Linum Consultants are industry experts with in country, international, multi-cultural experience. We provide precise market information combined with local knowledge to help facilitate informed decisions that are often life changing.
Equinox Global Investments
TGC Consulting Middle East
Senior Legal Consultant (Bilingual)
Deloitte & Touche (M.E.)