Legal Counsellor - Senior Manager
Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
The role holder is responsible for providing legal counsel to all directorates/ departments/ sections of KAHRAMAA. The role holder is also responsible for supporting the Legal Affairs Manager in developing guidelines, policies and procedures to guide all legal studies and investigations that are conducted in/or are related to KAHRAMAA operations.
Supports the Legal Affairs Manager in the development of legal guidelines, policies and procedures for KAHRAMAA and supervises matters related to KAHRAMAA intellectual property.
• Participates in the preparation and/ or review of legal strategies, legal documents and labour matters.
• Ensures the effective implementation of the legal due diligence process in order to ensure legality in all operations of KAHRAMAA.
• Provides inputs, legal opinion and counsel on all transactions in line with policies and procedures and provides legal approvals in order to minimize financial, legal and reputational risks.
• Liaises with Legal Affairs Manager to provide inputs to senior management on legal matters, emerging trends, developments and risk factors in the external legal environment.
• Analyses and evaluates the legal impact of major decisions where the applicable law, regulations or facts of the case are ambiguous.
• Supervises the formation of model agreements and provides legal advice with regards to claims and interpretation of agreements.
• Provides routine advice and counselling to KAHRAMAA directorates/ departments/ sections on compliance related issues and investigate potential instances of non-compliance to national legislation.
• Provides advice related to the impact of national legislation on KAHRAMAA's activities.
• Provides support in managing the investigation of workers compensation claims against KAHRAMAA, including both fact finding and fraud investigations
• Liaises with Legal Affairs Manager in managing outstanding legal disputes, court cases, law suits etc. as required and ensures updated records are maintained for the same.
• Provides legal opinion with regards staff problems, their rights and duties.
• Provides legal opinion to other sections in the department regarding Qatari Law and the provisions of its application to concluded agreements.
• Maintains legal notes and manages all cases filed against KAHRAMAA to ensure timely closure and settlement of those cases.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in law and minimum fifteen (15) years relevant experience in legal counselling and leadership responsibility in a large organization with 7+ years of supervisory experience preferably in a large utility company. Required Skills
• Proficient in the Arabic (must be native speaker) and English languages.
• Proficient in the use of computers and computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets and presentations.
• Interpersonal communications and negotiation skills.
• Ability to draft terms and conditions and prepare contractual correspondence.
• Negotiating, writing and interpreting contractual provisions.
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we've set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We're a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We're striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we're proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone's uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you're looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you're a future PwCer.