Job description / Role
Engage Selection are working with a State-Owned multi-media conglomerate to search for a Head of Legal.
• Reporting directly into the Group CEO, you will be responsible for provision of sound legal advice to the organization on all legal matters to ensure protection against legal exposure and liability for both transactions and dispute resolution exercises.
• You will manage 3 direct reports and supervise colleagues in different departments.
Additionally, you will:
• Be responsible for identification of legal risk as well as provides recommendation on the risk minimization.
• Review and assess legal disputes facing the organization and provides legal opinion to guide management decision.
• Defend the organisation in dispute resolution exercises.
• Provide operational support to the Tenders’ Committee as required.
• Develop and Oversee implementation of guidelines and standard processes for the purchasing and legal activities in the organization.
• Review and advise management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
• Review and draft contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensure that they are compliant with all statutory or legal requirements.
• Develop and oversee implementation of guidelines and standard processes for the purchasing and legal activities within the organization.
• Responsible for development and implementation of operational procedures and internal controls covering Legal activity, in line with legislative requirements and effective legal policies.
• Responsible for evaluation of corporate compliance with relevant legislative and governmental requirements as well as provides recommendations to address these in order to protect the Organization’ interests.
• Create templates of contracts and other supporting documents used all the Organization’s team in their core activities.
• Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken.
• Review all contracts or any other documentation where the Organization has committed itself and assess legal implications that need to be brought to the executive management’s attention.
• Prepare, review and modify contractual instruments to assist and support various business activities.
• Negotiate, review and draft documentation for business transactions and advise on the legal and commercial risks/opportunities therein.
• Assess legal-related risks as well as provides recommendations to eliminate/minimize sources of the potential risks identified.
• Provide legal support to the organization for transactions and dispute resolution exercises,
• Ensure compliance to regulatory requirements at the organization level
• Analyse legal implications of new projects, investments, alliances and any other strategic initiatives to ensure that all legal risks are identified, and the Organization interests are safeguarded from the legal perspectives.
• Provide legal counsel to the organization with respect to its operations
• Develop relationship with law firms and relevant third parties involved in legal activities of the organization
• Provide other services to the organization such as Legal Research and assist HR in employee misconduct management.
• Perform any other work-related duties assigned by the Group Chief Executive Officer.
• Bilingual (Arabic & English).
• LLB mandatory, ideally you will have an LLM or LPC.
• Above 7 years of relevant experience with at least 2 years in management or supervisory role.
• Good understanding of Qatar legal base and international conventions.
• Very good understanding of local/ Gulf business environment.
• Very good understanding of procurement standards and practices.
• Very good knowledge in local media laws.
• Excellent knowledge of copyright and intellectual property management.
• Excellent contract management skills.
• Good negotiation skills.
• Very good knowledge of strategic thinking and application of strategic planning processes.
• Good understanding of Just-in-Time management.
• Excellent understanding of leading practices in procurement and vendor relationship management.
About the Company
Engage was formed in 2007 in response to frustrations at the level of service delivery offered by traditional large recruitment agencies working in the construction market. With a belief in providing a truly knowledgeable, precise and quality driven service, Engage strives to offer a recruitment experience to both employers and candidates that is unrivalled in the marketplace.
We provide precision staffing solutions, including contingency and executive search, within the construction and commercial marketplaces. Our enduring relationships with market leading organisations in the region and overseas means we have access to the best candidates and the best vacancies.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)