Job description / Role
Our client, a leading international law firm is wishing to recruit a legal secretary with a minimum 2 years' experience to join their Doha office. The purpose of the role is to provide competent secretarial and administrative support service for partners, managers and associates, to ensure the smooth running of their assigned work group and department.
• Providing secretarial support to the Work Group using iManage, Microsoft Word, E-mail, PowerPoint, Excel.
• Creating and amending high volume of documents using audio dictation and manuscripts, as well as creating correspondence letter and e-mails to a high degree of accuracy and often to tight deadlines.
• Opening new files on system, together with preparation of case registration/client identification forms.
• Scheduling meetings; taking calls from clients in associates’ absence; presenting a professional and courteous image to clients and other outside parties.
• Liaising with members of other departments to follow up on queries from associates, e.g. travel arrangements, billing information, documents sent for translation, filing, etc.
• Arranging associates’ travel and accommodation, keeping a track of itineraries.
• Entering associates’ time on time entry system, working from manuscript timesheets.
• Providing general administrative assistance - scanning, photocopying, filling in expense forms, etc.
• Electronic filing of e-mails and documents (i.e. exporting); identifying correct file reference numbers before passing paperwork to filing department.
• Dealing with e-mails during associates absence from the office and taking appropriate action.
• Researching on the internet and other information sources.
• Updating client/contact database on Outlook as well as on InterAction.
• Taking dictation over the telephone occasionally.
• Making calls to attorneys / clients / surveyors by request to obtain information.
• Drafting cover fax / email to clients / attorneys / etc.
• Filing personal documents and correspondence and maintaining personal files.
• Providing general secretarial assistance to others within the Firm as and when required.
• Tracking changes in completed documents using Track Changes. Use of Delta View.
QAR 15,000 to 18,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: Medical
We are seeking someone with the following:
• Reliable and enthusiastic
• fast, accurate, audio typing experience
• Happy to help others
• Calm under pressure
• Team player
• Good communicator at all levels
• Service oriented
• A multitasker
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail in dealing with routine tasks.
• Mature and professional attitude; a team player with ability to delegate when necessary.
• Excellent organisational skills and able to prioritise workload.
• Good interaction with other members of staff.
• Able to carry out all duties with total confidentiality.
• Be able to work under pressure and at time within short deadline
About the Company
Headway has a proactive approach to recruitment and the methodology we employ ensures we take the time to understand the needs of both clients and candidates to guarantee the right fit.
We aim to create open, consultative partnerships with our Clients and Candidates whilst maintaining an honest and professional approach at all times.
As a team we are ethical yet innovative; focused yet flexible; realistic yet enterprising. We believe in earning our success by working with you to create yours.