Job description / Role
Objectives: The Legal Specialist will provide support in the following areas: contract drafting and review, contract database and file maintenance, corporate compliance and governance matters, contract searches and filings, insurance program administration, legal research, litigation, and special projects.
This position will also provide transactional support related to the company’s mergers and acquisitions activity. And to handle the legal department’s operations: NDAs, CEO/SMT contract summary and interfacing/follow-up with other departments (distribution and retention of documents) like renewal or termination, budget follow up with legal services providers, translation work.
• Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a range of agreements such as NDA’s, Master Service Agreements, software licensing, NDA’s, MOU’s, Novation agreements, addendums, Voice, and telecommunications related agreements, including first reviews, red line amendments and analysis of contracts, and assisting with negotiations;
• Ensuring compliance of service arrangements with all relevant law and regulations, including GBI’s own policies and procedures;
• Carrying out risk analysis and assessments on all types of legal documents like contracts, licenses, sales, purchases with organizational policies are procedures;
• Managing all corporate governance matters for the company group, including compliance with the Articles of Association, corporate restructuring, issue and transfer of shares, preparation and maintenance of Board of Directors, Committees and Members’ materials, resolutions, and minutes of meetings;
• Providing ad hoc legal advice to the executive management and other stakeholders within the business;
• Establishing and maintaining strong business relationships with internal and external stakeholders including the effective management of contract enquiries, issues, disputes, variations, risks and assisting with negotiations as required;
• Maintaining a high level of quality communication with the commercial and management teams throughout the reviewing and drafting process and ensuring all necessary approvals are received and contract standards are maintained;
• Anticipate and mitigate potential legal problems within a contract and advise the teams on how to mitigate potential areas of risk;
• Conducting pre-litigation investigations, providing substantive responses to relevant on the merits of the claim and assisting external counsels on-going litigation cases in multiple jurisdictions;
• Provide legal support on special projects;
• Working with fellow paralegals to maintain prearranged and wide ranging file indexes and case files;
• Coordinating meetings, handling general office work & performing administration related tasks;
• Managing external legal counsel engagements and assisting the external legal counsels on-going contentious cases and review for GBI;
• Filing: Maintain the legal SharePoint and ensure all contracts are updated on the Legal Module.
• Legal Manager
• Permanent Position
Desired start date:
• At the earliest possible
• 6 Months
• Sun - Thu, 8 AM - 4 PM (1 hour break)
• Housing Allowance, Transport Allowance, Private Medical Insurance, Annual Flight Ticket
• Bachelor’s degree in Law or equivalent from an internationally recognized university
• Holds a Gradate Diploma in Law (GDL) if applicable and/or has undertaken the Legal Practice Course (LPC)
• Minimum experience of 3 – 5 years at an international law firm or working at an in-house multinational company (Telecom sector is a plus)
Key Competencies and Skills:
• Solid judgment and business acumen and understanding of business operations and corporate governance issues.
• Knowledge of English commercial contract law and common law.
• Ability to work well under pressure and flexible attitude to tasks.
• Strong conflict management, facilitation, and resolution skills.
• Excellent use of the English language written and oral. Arabic is as an advantage.
• Excellent relationship building skills both internally and externally.
• The ability to easily work with a variety of individuals from a range of cultures and backgrounds.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to scan the external environment to understand impact on the business.
• Excellent decision making & problem-solving skills.
About the Company
GBI is a global cloud, connectivity and content enabler that owns and operates a smart, fully managed service network. Our multilayer terrestrial and subsea cable meshed network bridges the East to the West through the Middle East, empowers businesses, connects societies and contributes to the region’s transformation towards knowledge-based economies.
Our agility, business innovation and diverse portfolio of services make us a partner of choice for carriers, ISPs, governments, and the smart living ecosystem. We are a carrier’s carrier and an enterprise global managed services provider dedicated to turning the region into a global connectivity hub.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Equinox Global Investments
Regional Head of Legal - Multinational Business