Job description / Role
Scope and Objectives
The Lifeguard will be responsible for the safety, health and welfare of our guests in the hotel's swimming pool area, you will as well ensure the smooth operation of activities and maintenance of the pool and the relevant equipment's.
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Welcome guests to the pool and beach facilities and ensure they have a safe and enjoyable experience
- Assist in the cleanliness and the daily upkeep of the area
- Guard and safeguard all guests members using the pool and beach facilities
- Ensure that proper pool testing has taken place prior to guests using the facility
- Ensure all guests are aware of the rules of the facilities
- Provide a high level of guest satisfaction and safety through effective communication
- Clearly communicate with proper grammar in English to the guests' understanding both written and spoken
- Follow departmental policies and procedures
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies
- Other duties as assigned
Talent and Culture / Team Communications
- Participate in daily / monthly communication meetings.
- Support the rest of your colleagues when requested.
- Understand and adhere to the Accor Code of Ethics.
- Attend product or education classes related to this position.
- Ensure the Recreation staff maintains a positive relationship internally and with external departments in the hotel.
Health, Hygiene and Safety
- Comply with all health and safety regulations and standards for all users around the water
- Check water quality and clarity throughout shift, to ensure consistency and report any defects to appropriate department and resort supervisors
- Report to engineering any repair & maintenance requirements' of water facilities and services
- Maintain hotel's standards, policies and procedures
- Handle guest complaints by following the procedures and ensuring guest satisfaction
- Ensure that equipment is properly cleaned, stored and is secure when not in use
- Report any potential hazards or emergencies so they can be rectified immediately.
- Assist in the development and compliance of all departmental emergency procedures.
- Ensure all potential and actual hazards are reported as well as rectified immediately.
- Assure safety of the persons and the property of all within the premises by fairly applying hotel regulations and strictly following existing laws.
- Handle emergency situations with urgency and discretion.
- Maintain peak conditioning of the spa at all times through cleanliness and hygiene.
Education and Experience
- Safety oriented First Aid
- Internationally recognised Lifeguard / CPR Certificate
- 2 to 5 years of experience in the same field
- International experience in luxury hotel brands demonstrating adaptability to a range of cultures and environment
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.