Job description / Role
Your new company
• You will be working for a cutting edge technological solutions provider who have a requirement for three IT Support Engineers (Linux) for an initial 18 month contract based in Qatar.
• You must be available to begin the project in January.
• On offer is a competitive monthly tax free salary, medical insurance and visa.
• The company’s product run off Linux operating system so it is essential you have in depth knowledge of Linux.
Your new role
• You will be customer facing and provide 2nd line support for all technical matters, the Support Engineer provides technical support for all the companies products with a focus on quality and customer satisfaction.
Your responsibilities will include but will not be limited to the following;
• Identify, report and resolve all issues from client and internal teams
• Run incident management process in order to restore normal service operation as quickly as possible, minimising impact on the client
• Perform initial investigations troubleshooting technical issues with a complex software system and identify solutions
• Fulfill service requests
• Maintain ownership of incidents ensuring they are handled within agreed SLAs
What you'll need to succeed
• You will be educated to degree level in Information Technology/Computer Science or equivalent. The solution works off Linux operating systems and it essential you are capable of high level Linux support. Proficiency in Networking, Vmware and a strong understanding of MS SQL and MySQL databases is essential. Understanding of Apache HTTP server and Tomcat server, as well as knowledge of ITIL framework. Finally, ideally you will have experience within the telecommunications sector.
• You will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role and have experience in a client support capacity. It is essential you are fluent in English - both verbal and written - understanding of Arabic and Italian would be beneficial.
What you'll get in return
• You will have the opportunity to work on an exciting new project in Qatar, earning a competitive monthly salary for an initial 18 month contract.
About the Company
Hays is the leading global specialist recruiting group. We are the experts at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide.
Our Middle East office was founded in December 2005, headquartered in Dubai UAE. We deal with clients in the UAE, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, and other key areas in the region. Our consultants sector-specific knowledge and unique understanding of the local market allows us to offer an exceptional level of service across all divisions.
We currently recruit for roles in the following sectors: Accounting & Finance, Architecture, Banking, Construction & Property, Engineering, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Logistics, Legal, Office Support, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Supply Chain & Procurement, and Sales & Marketing.
As part of our continuing expansion, we have opened a dedicated Abu Dhabi desk to further assist with our client needs across the region.