Job description / Role
• Independently negotiates Sales and Purchasing Agreements within approved mandates, initiates business development for LNG sales, and pursues diversion and cargo optimisation, to support the execution of the LNG marketing strategy.
Job Context & Major Challenge(s)
• The position plays a leading role in a dynamic and competitive business environment.
• It is associated with strategy formulation, pre-and post-LNG sales activities and the continuous development of networks.
• Context of the role is a link between LNG Buyers and Qatargas Short Term Sales Marketing and Optimization Department.
• Challenge of intense market competition and rapid change within global LNG markets SPA agreements are complex, of significant value and can be 15 years or more in duration.
• Long term SPA’s are complex in nature, with negations taking place over many months. He/she must be able to communicate complex commercial concepts to senior management and shareholders.
• Must be able to identify any deviation with and obtain exceptions to procedures, processes, systems and reports and ensure they meet the latest compliance practices. International / customer facing travel requirements.
• Will occasionally act as delegated Division Manager or Short Term Sales Manager.
Key Job Accountabilities
• Proactively stewards Long Term Contracts with designated customers.
• Represents Qatargas in a professional manner and seeks to develop and maintain excellent customer relationships.
• May occasionally lead Qatargas’ customer visits.
• Provides input and supports the implementation of the approved Marketing Strategy as directed to achieve flawless results.
• Collects, reviews, interprets, communicates and draws conclusions, as needed, market trends from market interactions and regulatory developments to the Division Manager and Long Term Sales Manager.
• Advises and assists the Division Manager - Long Term Sales to develop marketing plans and proposals for long term LNG sales and obtain management endorsement as required.
• Able to develop innovative or complex tactics for upcoming negotiations consistent with the approved strategy with the objective to maximize value for Qatargas and shareholders.
• Lead complex negotiations for Qatargas, involving multi-functional teams, as and when directed, in direct customer meetings for the development of new MSPAs and Confirmation Notices with the goal of capturing the best market value, highest flexibility, the highest netback and maximum value for Qatargas and the State of Qatar.
• Expert resource to provide in depth understanding of all aspects of assigned long term contracts and ensures contract sanctity and adherence to all Qatargas procedures, processes and controls based on experience / lessons learnt.
• Skillfully liaises within C&S, Finance and Legal and other support functions to ensure efficient development and implementation of new SPAs and provides Management with recommendations for any deviation from QG standards.
• Advises C&S on the implementation of new and existing contracts to ensure appropriate interpretation of SPA content and provides commercial expertise, where required, in the event of disputes between Buyer and Seller.
• Proactively and skillfully coordinates with the Long Term Sales team to ensure optimal customer approach to enhance value and marketing principles.
• Bachelor’s Degree in an appropriate discipline (Business, Law, Economics, Engineering or Finance).
• Knowledge and/or Experience 8 years professional experience in marketing and business development of the hydrocarbon industry.
• Industry knowledge of the various types of LNG Sales Contracts like Heads of Agreement, Term Sheet, Gas Sales Purchase Agreement, Confidentiality Agreements, Sales and Purchase Agreement for both FOB & Ex-Ship.
• Technical and Business Skills Excellent interpersonal / customer relationship management skills.
• Excellent communication skills including ability to prepare structured presentations to senior management.
• Strong business development skills.
• Strong Commercial and analytical / evaluative skills and the ability to communicate requirements to team members.
• Ability to work to multiple challenging deadlines.
• Ability to work in an unstructured, rapidly changing environment where objectives are set but success requires skillful interpretation, analysis and judgement.
About the Company
Qatargas is a unique global energy operator in terms of size, service and reliability. The Company operates 14 Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) trains with a total annual production capacity of 77 million tonnes. This makes Qatargas the largest LNG producer in the world.
Established in 1984, Qatargas develops, produces, and markets hydrocarbons from the world’s largest non-associated natural gas field. In addition to producing LNG, Qatargas is also a leading exporter of natural gas, helium, condensate and associated products.
Today, Qatargas continues to set the benchmark in the LNG industry as it safely and reliably supplies energy to customers all over the world.