Job description / Role
Overseas and delivers the overall logistics plan for NFXP Onshore in conjunction with the EPC Contractors Logistics Team. Work hand in hand with port authorities and other EPC’s to ensure project schedule is factored into the pre ship arrival schedules.
Key Job Accountabilities:
• Must become thoroughly familiar with Port clearance regulations and unloading procedures.
• The incumbent is to ensure that Contractor’s transportation and logistics control procedures and plan is properly developed and implemented for timely unloading of materials/equipment from available port facilities and subsequent timely transportation to project designated laydown or other site locations.
• If material and equipment unloading and transportation logistics are causing schedule problems, the incumbent must work with the Construction and Interface groups to facilitate solutions and assure that proper actions are being taken for rectification by Contractor.
• Ensure Contractor’s timely development and effective implementation of Project Unloading, Transportation and Logistics Systems, Procedures, and Detailed schedules. Closely monitor and audit contractor’s relevant implementation plan.
• Ensure Contractor has in place an efficient process for the clearance of shipping documentation for customs clearance.
• Coordinate closely with Port authorities in Doha and RLC for regulations, procedures and working schedule details. Understand limitations and constraints of port facilities and manpower to assess and provide proactive suggestions to improve the unloading and transportation operation of the Contractor.
• Work with material control group, both the site team and the Contractor, to ensure logistics plan developed by contractor fits the scheduled delivery requirement, and jointly develop contingency measures for delivery recognizing the port capacity limitations.
• Interface with other projects and port authorities on a working level to facilitate the effective sharing of port facilities and prioritization of NFE materials where critical Interface and update information with other NFE EPC’s is of critical importance since the four EPC projects share common accesses and roads inside the NFE site area.
• Work with construction planning group and interface group, together with other NFE EPC’s as required, to facilitate alternative routes due to inevitable access road obstruction and to meet construction requirements.
• More importantly, preventative measures and pro-active contingency planning should be taken into constructability studies to minimize such obstructions.
• Candidate should have Bachelor’s Degree.
• 10 Years direct hands on experience of overseeing the importation and trans-shipment of significant quantities of material for the oil and gas industry.
• Preference is given for experience in Qatar / GCC Countries.
• Contemporary knowledge of port rules and regulations with extensive experience on receiving and custom clearance procedures.
• Knowledge of Qatar importing regulations and procedures a definite plus.
• Familiarity with road transportation logistics including containerized and non-containerized freight.
• Strong personal commitment and knowledge of safety and environmental aspects of major construction projects.
• Proactive team player with strong communication skills, including the ability to interface with other disciplines and external groups, including customs and port authorities.
• Ability to supervise or conduct work by influence.
About the Company
Qatargas is a unique global energy operator in terms of size, service and reliability. The Company operates 14 Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) trains with a total annual production capacity of 77 million tonnes. This makes Qatargas the largest LNG producer in the world.
Established in 1984, Qatargas develops, produces, and markets hydrocarbons from the world’s largest non-associated natural gas field. In addition to producing LNG, Qatargas is also a leading exporter of natural gas, helium, condensate and associated products.
Today, Qatargas continues to set the benchmark in the LNG industry as it safely and reliably supplies energy to customers all over the world.
TGC Middle East
Logistics Coordinator (Industrial Projects - 3PL)
Search Heads Middle East
RTC-1 Employment Services
Manno Trading DMCC
Supply Chain Manager
Middle East Executive