Job description / Role
- Develop and lead comprehensive Loss Prevention activities for client Onshore (EPC-4) Project, ensuring all safety and loss prevention requirements such as philosophies, codes, practices are in compliance with client project requirements and standards.
- Provide clear guidance to the EPC contractor and facilitate resolution of loss prevention issues to complete discipline activities consistent with project objectives and milestones.
- Lead the development of the Design Safety Case and associated safety risks deliverables and ensure these are reviewed and aligned with client Operations.
- Review Contractor's Loss Prevention/Process Safety Engineering design deliverables. Support the EPC by providing clear guidance to close out appropriate actions associated with LP activities such as safety case studies, risk assessments, HAZOPs etc.
Key Job Accountabilities (Max 10, each unique, exclude generic)
- Coordinate completion of Loss Prevention engineering deliverables with Contractor personnel, Project Management Team (PMT), client operating and safety personnel.
- Lead / drive EPC contractor to timely conduct and deliver safety studies such as QRA, HAZIDs, HAZOPs, PHA, Safety Case, SHE studies etc. per execution plan.
- Ensure approved Loss Prevention recommendations and programs are utilized by PMT to improve safety in design and in construction, reduce inefficiencies, and maintain high safety standards.
- Participate in Loss Prevention activities at Contractors' offices to align plans and deliverables with safety and operational requirements per agreed project schedules.
- Steward contractors' safety and risk execution activities in accordance to plans, verify adequacy of contractor resources and personnel competency for the tasks, employment of appropriate tools including used of approved software.
- Provide guidance to contractors Loss Prevention organisation with respect to compliance with client business practices policies; design procedures and project specifications.
- Monitor the Loss Prevention engineering schedule and critical milestones including developing and managing recovery plans to address delays as necessary.
- Manage interfaces internally and externally to gain alignment on Loss Prevention needs to meet execution requirements.
- Oversee the timely completion of loss prevention engineering requirements in procurement, construction, commissioning, system completions and startup.
- Deliver the Design Safety Case that meets the Project's and OPCO's requirements
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or equivalent.
Knowledge and/or Experience
- 15 years' experience within industrial safety and loss prevention in the oil and gas industry, preferably in a major project environment.
- At least 5 years experience in a major SULFUR HANDLING or Solids Handling project or in an operating environment
- Experience with Quantitative Risk Assessments, and Design Safety Case
- Experience with HAZID, HAZOP, Bow Tie Analysis, Physical Effects Modelling processes, SAFETY CASE development
Technical and Business Skills
- Excellent written and spoken English skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Good computer literacy in professional and technical packages.
About the Company
LA Recruitment Ltd and it's associated companies (LA Recruitment WLL, LA Recruitment USA Inc and LA Recruitment & Management Services Ltd) have been leading the way in delivering experienced, qualified direct hire and contract personnel to the Oil & Gas and Construction industries for 30 years.
We are involved in the placement of Engineering, Commercial, Project Support, Marine and Technical personnel.
With our Head Office based in Aberdeen, UK and additional offices in Qatar, Houston and Malaysia, we offer support to many of the world's leading Oil & Gas, LNG and Construction companies.