Job description / Role
• Review and analyses work schedules for major projects, priorities, and appropriate assignment of equipment, materials, and personnel to the assigned zone.
• Coordinate with the Quality and Safety Leads to ensure that a quality control and safety plan exists for all road projects in the particular zone and that the plan is in compliance with Quality Control Standards and specifications. Discuss with outsourced agencies on any issues in adherence to quality of work carried out.
• Supervise, direct and oversee the work of supervisors, inspectors and equipment operators engaged in road maintenance.
• Receive and review regular reports on damages, accidents, delays, or emergencies produced by contractors/subcontractors.
• Supervise maintenance work carried out by outsourced contractors and provide advice on work in line with maintenance policies and procedures.
• Ensure that all operations & maintenance and inspection is undertaken in accordance with appropriate codes and standards.
• Oversee fieldwork through the review of on-site inspections and employee reports and work proactively with the management consultants and design consultants to resolve any structural related issues.
• Participate in the inspection of zonal project sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design specifications and safety or sanitation standards.
• Coordinate with the management consultants and Design Department to develop and implement improvements to existing road networks.
• Coordinate and provide technical advice to the contractors/ asset management/ Management Consultants regarding modification and structural repairs.
• Supervise the project team in ensuring that road upgrading, re-gravelling and maintenance works in the respective zone are carried out to the specified technical standards and that corrective action is taken as needed.
• Review action taken on incidents / emergencies reported
• Attend emergency road maintenance and respond to public complaints and requests/ calls received from MOTC
• Provide details to the Senior Maintenance Engineer for the preparation of the annual budget and proactively monitor and manage delivery against the Section budget
• Participate in the Project Management Gating process of Capital Investment to ensure that asset developed is in line with Asset strategies, policies and procedures.
• Assist the Senior Maintenance Engineer in the development of applicable policies, procedures and processes.
• Perform other duties as necessary, when required by Line Manage
• Ensure adherence to Quality and Health and Safety in work and other Company procedures and comply to any new work instructions
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical preferred)
• Education qualification obtained from North America, West Europe, Australia
• Chartered membership of relevant professional body preferred and would be an advantage
• Physically fit to enter and work in confined spaces and the ability to undertake competency assessment to level required (essential)
• Current/valid Qatar Driving License would be an advantage
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in road O&M area.
• In depth knowledge of maintaining electrical/mechanical equipment within road department
• Experience of working in a multidisciplinary Organization preferably in the Middle East
• Ability to deliver and support change
• Knowledge of Health and Safety, Quality Assurance and Control procedures
• Competent in Microsoft Office Packages
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English is essential
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in Arabic is preferred
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.
MSI Qatar (Management Solutions International)
Mechanical Site Inspector
Mechanical Engineer - AC / Chiller Units
Electrical Engineer - Romdas Tech-Survey Vehicle
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
Facilities Management Engineer
Ziad Galadari Group