Maintenance Engineer (Asset Integrity)
Nakilat Keppel Offshore & Marine (N-KOM)
Job description / Role
Job Summary and Purpose
• The Maintenance Engineer (AI) is responsible for monitoring of Assets in line with Asset Integrity Management System Procedure. This includes integrity of plant, facility, utility, mobility, civil & marine infrastructures in the NKOM yard and for the continual review and improvement of Asset Management Plans (AMP’s). Monitoring of all works shall be in line with industry best practice and in full compliance with company HSSEQ requirements.
• Responsible to implement Asset Integrity policies and procedure for all NKOM yard equipment’s.
• Responsible to conduct IIR/RCA report for all the Incidents/ Accidents / Damages / Breakdowns etc.,
• Responsible to perform the Inspection, Condition Monitoring, Data Review and Analysis.
• Provide monthly Asset Integrity status reports.
• Identify the root causes for the Asset Integrity deterioration.
• Conduct Asset Integrity, Risk assessment, Risk Reduction for critical assets.
• Suggest improvements and coordinate for management approvals.
• Review the yard equipment’s maintenance works, maintenance reports and perform the gap analysis to improve the maintenance regime, maintenance plan (Predictive Maintenance (PDM), Proactive Maintenance(PROM), Plan Preventive Maintenance (PPM), Condition Based maintenance(CBM) for the equipment’s.
• Assist and advise Head of Maintenance in the preparation of maintenance strategies to reduce failure rates of equipment and improve maintenance KPI.
• Prepare IIR/RCA reports and provide to Head of Plant and Maintenance with proposals for corrective action & preventive action (CAPA) and Lessons learned action (LLA) to recurrence of failures and ensuring lessons learned.
• To provide technical support to optimize the for PM&S SAP plan for PM, CM, BDM, REFM, Turn Around and shutdown maintenance.
• To provide technical support to optimize PM&S (OPEX, CPEX) Maintenance Cost.
• Provide suggestion for best maintenance practices, methods, technologies and coordinate their implementation for enhancing the integrity at an optimum cost.
• Coordinate with relevant Authority and obtain approvals of MOC for any changes to systems and structures.
• Communicate upwards for Training needs, Process Improvement Suggestions and follow up on implementation.
• Demonstrate work behaviors consistent with company values and work within company policies, standards, procedures, and any legislative requirements.
• Adhere to health, safety, security and environmental policies, procedures, instructions, and controls for the safety of self and others.
• Ensure compliance to quality management procedures and controls to deliver high quality services and products.
• Follow all the safety procedures and report lapses, if any.
• Perform any other assigned duties and responsibilities.
Qualifications, Experience and Job Skills
• Bachelors Degree in Electrical / Mechanical.
• 10 years of relevant experience as Electrical, Mechanical Maintenance Engineer, or equivalent.
• Knowledge of fault finding and troubleshooting techniques.
• Knowledge of Condition Monitoring and CBM for Plant, Machinery, Hydraulic systems, HVAC, Mechanical, • Electrical, I&C Systems and Civil & Structural Systems
• Ability to read engineering drawings and schematics.
• Knowledge of electro-mechanical repair and maintenance.
• Knowledge of Risk Assessment Procedure, Work Instruction, PTW System and LOTO System
• Computer knowledge (of Microsoft Office/Word, Excel, Power point for preparation and presentation 1D, 1W, 1M, 1Y, Reports)
Job Specific Competencies:
• Behavioral Competencies
• Drive Vision
• Interactive Communication
• Customer Centricity
• Solution Oriented
• Empower & Nurture Talents
• Collaboration & Teamwork
• Achievement Oriented
• Commitment of NKOM Core Values.
• Verbal Written and Communication Skills.
• Computer literacy (Microsoft Office/Excel/Power Point)
• Coaching and Mentoring Skills.
• Project Management Skills.
• Knowledge of Shipyard Operations.
• Time Management Skills.
• Analytical Thinking Skills.
• Budgeting/Business planning Skills.
• Presentation Skills.
• Problem solving Skills.
• Read and comprehend Engineering Drawings and schematics.
• Read and comprehend equipment manuals and international standards.
• Understand Control Systems.
• Ability to write technical reports.
• Ability to learn requirements and needs of new systems.
About the Company
N-KOM is one of Middle East's leading shipyards, offering a comprehensive range of marine services as well as solutions for the oil and gas industry.
Strategically located at the heart of oil and gas activities in the Arabian Gulf, Nakilat-Keppel Offshore & Marine (N-KOM) combines a wealth of experience and expertise from its parent companies Qatar Gas Transport Company (Nakilat) and Keppel Offshore & Marine (KOM), to provide repair, conversion and construction services for marine vessels, offshore and onshore structures.
Spanning over 50 hectares, the comprehensive facility is equipped with two graving docks and a floating dock that can easily accommodate VLCCs, quays and piers offering a total berthage capacity of 3,150m, a range of workshops ideally situated in front of the drydocks, more than 500,000sqm of fabrication area and sub-contractor facilities on-site, thus enhancing the shipyard's flexibility and capabilities.
With a team of experienced industry professionals, extensive infrastructure and track record of safe, quality and timely project executions, N-KOM has rapidly established itself as the preferred shipyard in the Middle East.