Job description / Role
Accountable to develop, maintain and drive implementation of common Maintenance Strategies, Frameworks, Systems and Processes across -. Develop, maintain and drive the implementation of common tools required for Asset Maintenance across the plant. Assist in following up the maintenance performance across the plant, and through KPI's and other measurements identify areas for improvement. Assist in cross plant learning and support to units which are falling behind, in cooperation with QPS. Provide support to reliability, planning and maintenance improvement work across -. Owner of SAP-PM module, representing the Asset Maintenance Group and as such assist in the development, maintenance and deployment of SAP-PM as an effective and efficient tool for maintenance across the plant in a standardized way.
* Generate or assist in generation of any departmental reports as per management request, in a timely and accurate manner in order to meet company and department requirements governing reporting.
* Develop and gain approval for department policies and procedures ensuring their alignment to overall business objectives. Monitor and control implementation and advice on the policy application ensuring that they are properly communicated and widely understood.
* Comply with all agreed occupational health, safety and environmental regulations in order to protect personnel and physical assets. Ensures that the work areas are kept in a clean and tidy state in order that work can be carried out safely and effectively.
* Provide input and recommend the continuous improvement of the company practices taking into account 'international best practice', changes in international standards and changes in the business environment which demand proactive action plans.
* Contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of department systems, processes and practices, cost reduction and productivity improvement
* Support the development and training of National employees.
* Develop leading practices related to maintenance and maintenance systems
* Develop and maintain documented Maintenance Strategies, Frameworks, Policies, Processes and Procedures
* Train end users in maintenance leading practices and facilitate cross plant learning
* Audit maintenance performance, capabilities and compliance with Maintenance Strategies, Frameworks, Policies, Processes and Procedures
* Ensure that action plans are being established to close identified gaps and follow up implementation
* Initiate maintenance improvement efforts and organize support to local units
* Develop, maintain and report upon common maintenance KPI's
* Responsible for monthly maintenance performance and maintenance cost reporting.
* Responsible for generating departmental maintenance performance reports as per request.
* Provide Reliability and Work Management improvement support in cooperation with QPS, Reliability, Planning and other local area maintenance execution resources
* Ensure effective interfacing with neighboring process (Procurement and Finance)
* Owner of SAP-PM module
* Assist in the development, maintenance and deployment of SAP-PM as an effective and efficient tool for maintenance across the plant in a standardized way
* Audit SAP system and recommend improvement opportunities related to master data in the system
* Manage, review and monitor PM authorizations for - personnel (PM Users) through IS/IT portal and GRC (Governance, Risk and Compliance);
* Lead lifting Equipment work and authority certification process across the plant
Minimum Qualifications Required
* Bachelor degree in engineering preferably mechanical or electrical
Minimum Experience Required
* 6 years of maintenance experience in an Aluminium Smelter or similar heavy industry
* 1 years Manager or Supervisory or Reliability or Planning experience
Job Specific Skills
* Very good knowledge of SAP PM module, MM module and other modules in SAP are good to have as well
* Analytically and excellent reporting skills, digesting data in an informative way for ease of leadership decision making
* Excellent understanding of maintenance work and support systems
* Very good understanding of QPS principles and tools
* Ability to drive improvement and possess good interpersonal skills
* Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
* Good planning and organization skills
* Excellent maintenance skills
About the Company
The Highfield Company is a specialist recruitment consultancy that focuses on the international construction and engineering industry sectors. With combined recruitment experience of more than 20 years, the directors have worked on technical and management positions at all levels, from Graduate to Executive, and for many of the Construction industry’s leading companies.
With experience of sourcing candidates for assignments in over 100 countries, The Highfield Company is perfectly equipped to service the needs and requirements of any construction, property or engineering based employer anywhere in the world. Our consultants are specialists in their designated disciplines, which include Building & Construction, Civil Engineering, Oil & Gas, PQS & Cost Consultancy, Project Management, Consulting Engineering, Mechanical & Electrical and Facilities Management.