Job description / Role
Responsible for overseeing all aspects of general management including but not limited to, operations, facilities, maintenance, staff, tenant coordination/ relations, marketing, business & financial planning, as well as the safety function.
Strategy & Business Development
• Develop a structured business plan covering all key components of operations
• Develop and maintain the upkeep of the corporate identity and ensure adherence to corporate brand guidelines
• Develop relationship with key stakeholders, including tenants, visitors, suppliers, retailers, government authorities, and contractors
• Understand the retail market, competing market offerings, develop relationships with major retailers and familiarize with local/ regional and international industry trends.
• Prepare and develop marketing and annual event plans/calendar, in conjunction with external agency
• Lead, manage, mentor and train the staff
• Responsible for screening and approving staff hires during recruitment process.
• Management of staff
• Assessment of performance
• Ensure all aspects of the operations are conducted efficiently and effectively, in line with best international norms and practice
• Risk management: ensure a safe and secure environment for users and visitors.
• Customer service satisfaction and a pleasant customer experience
• Plan and schedule regular, periodic and preventive maintenance in conjunction with relevant units; follow up on quality and execution
• Manage tender(s), coordination and on-boarding of any outsourced suppliers i.e. Security, Cleaning Landscaping, and Fire Safety, as may be required. External Vendors to be approved by the Board.
• Ensure absence of any operational disruptions, except as may be required for specific planned purpose from time to time
• Ensure continuous cleanliness and positive appearance
Leasing & Tenant relations
• Provide recommendations to Senior Management & the Board to develop leasing plans to:
• Ensure proper tenant mix and zoning within the mall in line with business strategy and market demand, to maximize footfall
• Attract desirable blue-chip corporate tenants for the office space
• Identify and negotiate with prospective tenants to maximize income in line with the business plan
• Negotiate leases, both new and renewals, across all categories including specialty, anchors, retail, services, F&B and leisure
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with all tenants, notably established retail groups to ensure continued and future business
• Address and resolve tenant queries and complaints
• Ensure store fit out process is undertaken in compliance with our accepted rules, guidelines and norms.
• Assist in the preparation and review of financial budget, and monitor performance against projections
• Maximize revenues and ensure expenditures are utilized judiciously
• Review, develop and implement all operating procedures, manuals, forms, etc. to be approved by the Board, across all functions to ensure smooth co-ordination / co-operation among internal departments and external parties, and to facilitate business needs across the spectrum.
• This includes, but is not limited to, any internal administrative process or external documents.
• Ensure to follow legal and/or contractual procedures with respect to business operations and interactions with any external parties
• Ensure appropriate record keeping, logs, etc. and formal documentation in day to day business
• Provide advice and periodic reports/ presentations to the Senior Management & the Board
• Assist, as may be required, with the transition of project handover
• Perform other tasks as assigned by the line manager from time to time.
• Bachelors or Master's degree in Business, Retail Management / Retail Real Estate, or Engineering
• Minimum of 10 years Mall Management experience (mall manager level or above), preferably in the GCC region including mall launching, expansion, development, renovation
• Mixed use development experience is an advantage
• Knowledge of negotiation and managing leasing contracts
• Understanding tender management
• Experience in managing Service Level Agreements (cleaning, security, facilities management etc.)
• Extensive knowledge of Retail/ Real Estate industry
• Experience with luxury segment of the market
• Strong mall specific financial acumen
• Good technical knowledge of Commercial Facilities
• Proficiency in Mall management
• Knowledge in Tenant mix and zoning
• Strong command of mall operations, including establishment of policies and procedures
• Good understanding of mall marketing, advertisement and promotion
• Excellent communication skills in English, ability to speak in Arabic is an advantage
About the Company
A leading real estate company in Qatar.
A Leading Real Estate Company In Qatar
Operations Director - Facility Management
Retail Operations Manager
Equinox Global Investments
A Leading Real Estate Company In Qatar