Job description / Role
• Develop, implement and manage facilities management processes to ensure uninterrupted availability of essential services
• Select preferred suppliers from approved list for purchases and invites quotes and undertakes commercial evaluations.
• Select and recommend preferred supplier, and prepare the Purchase Order, with supporting documentation, for authorization.
• Continue to investigate new suppliers so as to attain the most cost effective, reliable and best quality service.
• Negotiate and secure vendor supply contracts, assist requesting departments and top management in the formulation of large scale contracts through exercising knowledge of the market prices to achieve cost reduction and ensure continuous delivery to the company’s standards.
• Formulate plans to manage costs and quality of operations involved in procurement of materials relating to Capital Expenditure, Operational Expenditure and office administration.
• Ensures accurate verification and appropriate actions are taken on approved purchase requests for the procurement of goods, ensuring that budget cover exists and that they are in line with the approved Purchasing Plan.
• Liaise with Government authorities to communicate the strategic business operations of the company to foster relationships as part of an integrated Government Relations Strategy.
• Share responsibility in the management of issues / concerns and priorities concerning Government relations activities being the focal point of ?reference for a broad range of Government relations matters for line management and assisting them to resolve any issues ?relative to such matters.
• Advise line management on priority needs and objectives of Qatar and prepare user guides, manuals and other documents to highlight important legal aspects and regulatory requirements in countries in which the company operates.
• Track changes / amendments to policies and laws updated on the Ministry websites to proactively advice all departments concerning regulatory compliance.
• Interface with government agencies to positively influence government relationships and establish linkages with international government authorities; when required also coordinate with media, and for event sponsorships and community support programs.
• Develop/update, implement and maintain the public relations plans, policies, protocols and guidelines and ensure that they stay aligned to the organizations overall objectives and strategy.
• Manage the development and implementation of Quality Management System and HSE Policies and Procedures
• Manage and conduct internal audits at the corporate level
• Participate in second party audits on service providers for prequalification/performance monitoring, where requested
• Create awareness about the quality management system at the corporate level through briefing sessions and audits
• Conduct goal setting and appraisals for direct reportees.
• Review direct reportee’s performance and oversee linkages with compensation, promotion, career & succession planning.
• Conduct weekly review meetings, retain agenda and minutes on file and clearly note action items on the minutes of meetings.
• Graduate degree with a professional qualification/certification in a relevant discipline
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience operating in the Construction Industry with some in Consultancy background
• Familiar with ISO9001, 18001, 14001 and other relevant industry safety standards
• Recognized qualifications from IOSH/NEBOSH, Sigma or similar; a good working knowledge of current HSE legislation
About the Company
A leading Project Management Consultancy in Qatar.