Job description / Role
Our CCaSS team seeks to build a better working world by helping businesses and governments respond to societal, environmental and economic challenges. They help businesses understand and evaluate the broader value impacts and outcomes associated with their organizations, operations, programs and projects. Our global team is multidisciplinary and combines our core knowledge in accounting and reporting with knowledge in technical and regulatory sustainability issues.
Our teams help clients improve and report on their sustainability performance. Specifically, we help clients manage emerging risks, and reduce costs through the design and implementation of systems and processes and leverage opportunities in areas such as climate change, health and safety, labor rights, nonfinancial reporting, supply chain and environmental management.
The EY CCaSS team is actively looking for a Manager with climate change and sustainability consulting experience or background, including exposure to energy management, green building, HSE management systems, sustainable value creation, sustainability digitization, business model innovation, sustainable supply chain and reporting.
We are at the forefront of current trends in climate change and sustainability and we engage with clients at all levels to provide insight into these developments. We want candidates who are dedicated and capable of helping us to develop our dynamic sustainability practice that is focused on making the difference for our clients as they navigate this agenda.
Your key responsibilities
- In this role, you will work as part of a wider team to support business development efforts, win project work and advise EY's clients on sustainability advisory and related services.
- You will also contribute to the development of a market leading team that is capable of providing board level strategic advice and winning large transformation engagements that leverage the wider competencies of EY.
- Working with EY CCaSS local / regional teams to deliver and execute projects efficiently with a high quality standard will also be essential.
If you have commercial/consulting experience in the following areas, we want to hear from you - energy management; sustainability reporting; green building; HSE systems; sustainability transformation; sustainability strategy; sustainable supply chain, valuing sustainability
Skills and attributes for success
- Pro- activity, accountability and results- driven people will flourish in this environment.
- Dealing with competing priorities, understanding how to manage resources and communicating effectively are key skills.
- This will have a huge impact on those around you and help promote a positive work ethic.
To qualify for the role you must have
- 5+ years of experience in a position focused on sustainability advisory
- Undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline, for example engineering or environmental science
- Understanding of the key energy, green building and sustainability issues and drivers and how they link to business value
- Proven track - record of project management and delivery, in particular large scale consulting engagements around sustainability
- General understanding of sustainability best practices in areas of transformation, supply chain, digitization, business model innovation and value measurement
- Exceptional commercial and leadership skills combined with entrepreneurial mind set
- Strong technical, quantitative and analytical skills
Ideally you'll also have
- Track record with a leading consulting firm
- Proficiency in the Arabic language
What we look for
We are interested in entrepreneurs who have the confidence to develop and promote a brand new strategic vision both internally and externally. You will be business savvy with a passion for innovation as well as the motivation to create your own EY journey.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
EY Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region