Job description / Role
Ooredoo is a dynamic global Telecommunications player operating in 10 countries serving more than 138 million customers. Ooredoo Qatar employs approximately 1,600 people driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Qatar, and it is a team that you can be part of!
About the Business Unit:
The Technology Unit within Ooredoo is the backbone of the organization providing all technology services which enable Ooredoo to deliver its services to its customers across all technology platforms, 24/7/365. The quality of the customer experience when accessing its services sits within this BU and therefore it plays a significant role in the delivery of revenue and satisfaction targets.
The Demand Management function plays a critical role by managing the product portfolio based on business proposals and change requests raised by BUs and ensuring effective delivery.
About the Role:
This role is responsible to be the focal point for all Business Units (BU) to receive, screen, negotiate, validate and maintain all Technology products / change/ service requirements from other BUs and from within Technology BU ensuring shorter time to market for new products and change requests.
The role will also be the main interface and focal point for to receive, screen, negotiate and maintain all Technology product / change/ service requirements from Business BU and from within Technology and is responsible for the effective delivery of all products as per the product development process while ensuring shorter time to market for new products and change requests.
If you would like to view the full role profile please click here
You should have at least
- 10 years' experience in telecoms industry with significant experience in both business and technology
- Strong understanding of product development and the supporting technology requirements
- Significant knowledge of new and emerging technologies and their business opportunities
- Significant expertise in translating business requirements into technical specifications
- Experience of leading requirements gathering activities using workshops and interviews
- Proficient in Business and Systems Analysis techniques.
- Project Management skills
- Communication & Negotiation skills
- Requirements & Business Process Management
- Team Work & cooperation
- Customer-Centric Thinking
- Experience in provisioning, fraud management, credit check, service activation, enterprise (B2B) sales, product management (B2B complex products)
- Knowledge and experience in using modelling tools (e.g. Visio) preferred
- Knowledge on Standards such as eTOM, ITIL preferred
- Knowledge of Agile and iterative development methodologies.
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Proven ability to manage projects
- Bachelor's Degree in Telecom engineering, or equivalent . Relevant Certifications like PMP , PRINCE2 Practitioner , Agile Scrum Master , ITIL , eTOM
Note: you will be required to attach the following
- Resume / cv
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.