Job description / Role
- Ensure that all Milaha Facility Management activities and tasks are fully coordinated, appropriately authorized and performed in a planned and effective manner.
- Address and rectify outstanding maintenance issues in coordination with all internal and external involved parties.
- Assess tenants’ and occupants’ needs and ensure their problems are being solved promptly to the
- mutual benefit of Milaha and tenants.
- Review the needs of facilities and their associate establishments and oversee preparation of reports and recommendation on their status.
- Develop, manage and establish external relationships with contracting parties by ensuring relationships are kept open and constructive, resolving or easing issues, identifying problems early and suggesting resolutions.
- Ensure proper coordination in developing preventive and reactive maintenance programs and scheduling maintenance for facilities’ equipment, encompassing buildings, property grounds, security and health and safety standards.
- Participate in the preparation of Milaha’s Real Estate annual budgets through estimating facilities management and maintenance costs and future projections.
- Provide recommendations with regards to the selection of contract services, and participate in vendor negotiations of service agreements.
- Perform day to day monitoring of vendor performance to ensure full compliance with standards established within the service agreement.
- Responsible for providing facility management / leadership for Milaha assets. The day to day operations include the implementation of policies. Performance being measured through number of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) including but not limited to financial reporting meeting operational goals and objectives, customer service and quality programs.
- Manage the Milaha rented properties including the Head Office and camps ensuring the facilities are well maintained and provide a healthy, safe and secure location for living and/or working as per Milaha policies and local regulations also ensuring service providers adhere to contractual obligations.
- Supervise the activities of all Facilities Management section employees and contractors and ensure their adherence to the Milaha policies and procedures.
- Provide recommendations on new subordinate hires and ensure the availability of all resources required to perform assigned tasks and activities.
- Supervise subordinate staff, assign work activities, monitor performance and review results.
- Coordinating the activities, financial, vendor’s and manpower required for current and future needs of assets and operations.
- Act as a coach to subordinates, identify their training and career development, recommend training courses and follow-up on their personnel records such as time sheets, discipline, vacations, leaves and absenteeism.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Education & Professional Qualification
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management / Electrical / Mechanical Engineering or Architecture.
- 8 – 10 years of experience in facility management 5 years of which in a managerial position.
- A plus.
- Good knowledge of finance and accounting systems and Office and web applications.
- Business fluent English.
- Strong knowledge of Facilities Management procedures and practices.
- Good Engineering technical abilities.
- Good planning and contract administration skills.
About the Company
Qatar Navigation (Milaha) Q.P.S.C. was established in July 1957, as the first public shareholding company registered in Qatar and holds commercial registration no. 1. The Company has since evolved, expanded and diversified into maritime transportation, gas, petroleum products, containers and bulk, offshore support services, port management, logistics services, shipyard, trading agencies, real estate, and asset management.
The legal entity, Qatar Navigation Q.P. S.C. (QNNS:QD), is publicly listed on the Qatar Exchange.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Operations & Maintenance Manager
CSG Global Talent
Manager Facilities Management
Hire Rightt Executive Search
Senior Facilities Manager (Client Side)
CSG Global Talent
Engineer - Operations & Maintenance