Job description / Role
JOB PURPOSE / ROLE:
Provide sound advice on corporate governance, regulatory affairs and shareholder relations. Contribute to the review of applicable regulations and development of systems, processes and procedures that support the effective management of Governance issues, and adopt a pro-active approach towards potential problems to ensure that QPM is aware of and complies with legal requirements, corporate governance practices and other regulatory requirements. Ensure communication, transparency and access to information for shareholders.
- Develop the compliance framework, policies, procedures and plans for QPM in alignment with the strategic business requirements.
- Develop compliance risk registers, monitoring programs, disclosure requirements, training and awareness programs, and reporting templates.
- Promote and raise awareness on the QPM Code of Ethics, and highlight cases of ethical breaches or conflicts of interest.
- Study the impact of applicable regulations on QPM and provide professional advice, clarifications and opinions to the organisation on compliance and regulatory affairs concerning its business.
- Review QPM’s position with regard to corporate governance practices and compliance to law and regulations, including Corporate Governance code, Commercial law, Anti-money laundering, Sharia law and Labor law.
- Conduct periodic identification, evaluation and diagnosis of compliance across QPM, report findings and develop recommendations while highlighting any major gaps and non-conformance with proposed solutions/recommendations for the effective addressing of issues.
- Ensure timely updates on all applicable laws, policies, procedures and regulations pertaining to corporate governance and regulatory affairs.
- Monitor and coordinate implementation of regulatory requirements with concerned departments to ensure compliance.
- Review and ensure proper development of and timely submissions of corporate governance and compliance reports and other regulatory requirements. Escalate compliance issues to Senior Management.
- Evaluate the various functions’ / units’ compliance processes and procedures to ensure adherence to the regulatory compliance program of QFMA (Qatar Financial Markets Authority) and other applicable regulatory bodies. Disseminate written policies and procedures related to compliance activities.
- Work closely with the various functions and provide them with expert support and advice in implementing the compliance program to fulfil QFMA and other applicable regulations.
- Provide Senior Management with adhoc reports on compliance and governance related matters as requested
- Supervise and coordinate with subsidiary compliance representatives in order to ensure subsidiary compliance with applicable regulatory requirements, filings, and disclosures.
- Ensure timely follow-up on issues being raised by QFMA and other applicable regulatory inspections to facilitate timely implementation of corrective action.
- Review and validate new products and services to ensure compliance with QFMA and other applicable regulations, while providing feedback on the gaps to be addressed and follow up on timely implementation of corrective action.
- Oversee collection of information and preparation of regulatory filings in order to comply with reporting requirements.
- Contribute to annual disclosure particularly stipulated by Doha Securities Market (DSM), Commercial Companies Law (CCL), QFMA, etc.
- Develop and maintain shareholder relations: provide information to shareholders and analysts, collect information from other departments if needed, ensure that information is provided in a transparent, timely and consistent manner to shareholders and analysts, facilitate shareholders’ meetings.
- Manage the preparation of QPM annual report by coordinating with departments across QPM for developing relevant content and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Contribute to the preparation of the legal and compliance budget. Monitor the financial performance of legal activities relating to corporate governance and compliance affairs versus budgets so that areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified and rectified promptly and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalised upon.
- Mentor subordinates for performance and work closely with them during the various stages of performance cycle (goal setting, performance evaluations etc.).
- Ensure transparency in communication with the team members so as to enable inclusive functioning of the department.
- Perform any other ad-hoc duties relevant to the role as assigned by the Group Director of Group Legal & Compliance as per business requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS, CERTIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field is required.
- Master’s Degree in Corporate Law will be preferred.
- At least 10 - 12 years’ relevant experience in compliance, governance, investor relations, risk management and internal control environment is required.
- Previous experience in the Real Estate industry is highly desirable.
JOB SPECIFIC SKILLS:
- Knowledge of the real estate development sector.
- Strong ability to engage with stakeholders
- Knowledge of local laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of risk management principles, and relevant regulatory/industry standards.
- Ability to formulate and develop policies. frameworks, and risk registers.
- Awareness of market dynamics.
- Analytical and Problem-solving abilities.
- Detail and result oriented.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work well under pressure within timeframes.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written in English and Arabic is required.
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Al Boom Marine
Head of Legal - Arabic Speaker
A Leading Project Management Consultancy in Qatar
Director/Head of Legal
Big Fish Recruitment
|Abu Dhabi||14 Jun|