Job description / Role
Primary Purpose of Job:
- To direct and control all the activities of the ‘Operations & Maintenance Department’ (O & M) covered in the contract in a safe and cost effective manner to enable the Client to meet its objectives and fulfil the targets of the approved annual business plan.
- To establish and maintain a reliable manpower organization, formulate and develop the necessary Operations & Maintenance philosophy and processes that will enhance the availability of the Client’s assets and promote customer satisfaction.
- To take full and ultimate responsibility for the overall safety, availability and reliability of the Client’s facilities on account of works covered in the contract.
- To encourage safety consciousness, commitment and active involvement from team members to meet the business objectives of the Client. Ensure injury to any individual or harm to environment or damage to asset is negligible
- To provide work directions to his subordinates and contractor staff and ensure that all activities conform to Client’s policies & procedures and accepted technical standards.
- To effectively coordinate with the Client for any challenges in the execution of the contract with appropriate solutions.
- Takes responsibility in confirming the Maintenance activities are performed as per the terms and scope of the contract.
- Receives and reviews the work request list for all discipline of Maintenance and give directions.
- Discusses with Client on priorities, scope and schedule multiple works in order to achieve required time lines of completion
- Checks the progress and ensures that all completed works conform to established work standards, quality & statutory requirements and are in line with Client’s procedures.
- Receives & reviews and finalize the Routine, Corrective and preventive maintenance activities.
- Takes responsibility of the implementation of Preventive maintenance activities, its schedule, task lists.
- Monitors, controls and give directions to the discipline Engineers/supervisors to carry out their defined responsibilities.
- Leads the team in carrying out the root cause analysis of the problems and updates the clients with solutions.
- Liaise with OEM, Subcontractors and specialists to bring in the required solutions to the complex problems involved in maintenance, troubleshooting and providing Engineering solutions.
- Provides technical advice to his subordinates, and ensures the proper use of tools and test equipment. Carries out function tests on the repairs carried out prior to reinstating the installations /systems.
- Prepares Daily Reports, Monthly reports, Equipment failure reports, Incident /Accident reports, indicating activities carried out, problems encountered and produces analysis reports of a technical nature indicating failures and recommendations to alleviate recurring problems.
- Reviews documents of work performed, in progress, and work completed & checks the processed paperwork related to each discipline supervisors, such as time sheets, material costs, repairs and activity reports.
- Prepares the annual lists of spare parts, consumable materials and special tools or test equipment. Reviews consumption, discusses interchange ability. Ensures that optimum stock of material is maintained to cover all eventualities and material is salvaged and reconditioned wherever possible.
- Carries out preparation and reviews of ‘Permit to Work’, Job Hazard Analysis, Risk Assessments etc. and ensures that good housekeeping and safety is practiced at all times.
- Fulfils all the requirements of the CMMS /CAFM system. Utilizes the system to maximize availability and reliability of the facilities and minimize operating and maintenance costs.
- Ensures timely submission of closeouts, invoices for completed works/services.
- The Candidate must be between 40 to 45 years of age, with a minimum 15 -20 years (of which 7 years in a supervisory position) experience in Mechanical / Electrical maintenance in Hospitals with exposure to Facilities Management, and safety systems.
- GCC experienced candidates are preferred.
- Completion of Secondary (12 years) education followed by 4 years full time study leading to Degree in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering.
- Good spoken and written English is a must. The candidate must be very familiar with the use of Computer and MS Office package.
About the Company
Engage was formed in 2007 in response to frustrations at the level of service delivery offered by traditional large recruitment agencies working in the construction market. With a belief in providing a truly knowledgeable, precise and quality driven service, Engage strives to offer a recruitment experience to both employers and candidates that is unrivalled in the marketplace.
We provide precision staffing solutions, including contingency and executive search, within the construction and commercial marketplaces. Our enduring relationships with market leading organisations in the region and overseas means we have access to the best candidates and the best vacancies.
Facilities Manager – Hard FM
Big Fish Recruitment
Big Fish Recruitment
Senior Facilities Manager
Power Group of Companies
Operations Manager - Facilities Management
Head of Facilities Management
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)