Job description / Role
Purpose of Job:
You are responsible for defining the strategic and tactical approach to onboarding the requisite number of new riders in each city and improving the quality of the fleet. This includes, optimal vehicle type mix, improving rider participation at peak demand, average hours worked and tenure, and maximizing rider engagement through the onboarding pipelines. You will work with the central teams responsible for local rider marketing, and manage the end to end conversion and onboarding processes.
You will need to possess a good blend of strategic and on-the-fly thinking, alongside a bias for action. This position is best suited for someone who can set and achieve ambitious goals, actively prioritize for the team, is not afraid to get his/her hands dirty in execution, and can remain composed in face of pressing issues. You will work closely with our rider marketing, and supply chain teams to drive cross-functional projects across a variety of business areas.
• Craft a coherent “the future of supply” vision for the UAE & Qatar – you will help drive the long-term roadmap, rider strategy, and demand generation for how we approach supply in the future.
• Responsible for developing and executing rider acquisition and engagement strategies for achieving business objectives.
• Lead the implementation of our hiring workflow in all markets and assure compliance with local laws.
• Evaluate, prioritize, and close strategic partnership opportunities.
• Long-term supply planning - work with Finance & Strategy teams to forecast longer-term demand which will impact rider kit purchases & future rider marketing spends strategies.
• Supply Model business owner – Develop, improve and own our local supply model.
• Strategic insights – Build analyses and insights to better understand short-term and long-term developments and opportunities for improvements in our Rider Supply.
• Building and testing new onboarding models - help craft experiments and models to be piloted throughout the UAE& Qatar to determine optimal supply process.
• Ensuring we hit supply targets in all country regions - by monitoring every stage of supply processes to ensure we have the right size fleet in every region. Develop region-level intervention plans where needed.
• You will be responsible for setting the local rider marketing strategy and working with the central team in the UK to execute it.
• Improving the effectiveness of conversion processes - whether it’s improving our comms or offering targeted incentives, increase conversion rates at every step. Work out data-driven strategies as well as unique and out-of-the-box initiatives to drive conversion.
• Autonomously design, set up, and track all processes related to rider onboarding - including target-setting, onboarding velocity, efficiencies, right-to-work compliance and kit logistics, etc.
• Leverage strong numerical, problem solving, and analytical skills to identify any issues in time
• Provide effective and tailored communication to influence external and internal stakeholders
• Analytical - Comfortable with large quantities of data. Attentive to details. Able to draw insights from historical data and trends, consider the complexities across markets, and forecast future demand. SQL and/or Python skills are a plus.
• Excellent communicator - Able to simplify complex analyses and insights. Strong written and verbal communication skills across a varied set of stakeholders from a rider to the Managing Director
• Collaborative - Able to work well with cross-functional, and international stakeholders
• Adaptable Fixer - Enthusiastic to help, and flexible & resourceful in addressing both big picture and detail-oriented challenges
• Can build “stuff” - approaches, processes, tools, and structured change methodologies
• Inquisitive - Intellectually curious, thoughtful, and comfortable questioning the status-quo
• Minimum 5 years of work experience in a fast-paced environment in an operations role or project management role
• Track record of ‘getting things done’ - know when you have enough insight to make a call and apply the 80 / 20 rule for rapid high-quality decisions
• Team Management - Experience in managing a team effectively and aligning on the vision and goals for the company and team, respectively.
• Fluency in English, Arabic is a plus
Benefits and Diversity
• Annual Holiday Leave
• Work visa
• Medical insurance
• Annual home flight tickets
• Free Deliveroo Plus - Free delivery and access to special offers
• Maternity & Paternity benefits
• End of year parties & regular social events
• An extremely fun team to work alongside!
About the Company
Deliveroo is an award-winning delivery service founded in 2013 by William Shu and Greg Orlowski. Deliveroo works with over 140,000 best-loved restaurants and grocery partners, as well as 150,000 riders to provide the best food delivery experience in the world.
Deliveroo is headquartered in London, with around 3,500 employees in offices around the globe.
Deliveroo operates in nearly 800 locations across 11 markets, including Australia, Belgium, France, Hong Kong, Italy, Ireland, Netherlands, Singapore, United Arab Emirates, Kuwait and the United Kingdom.