Job description / Role
• Design, analysis and optimization of work methods.
• Design of temporary structures: scaffolding, shoring, formworks.
• Working closely together with designers, estimators and project engineers to create method statements.
• Checking of your plans and methods with internal and external partners and asking them for price offers.
• Staying constantly aware of the evolution within the world of construction and always looking out for new technologies and new materials to implement within our construction process.
• Act as a role model to other specialists and guide them where necessary.
• Must have 5 years experience with at least 4 years marine construction experience
• Knowledge of AutoCAD is preferred
• Must have Middle East experience
• Must be from a main contractor background not a consultancy background
• You possess excellent communication skills, an analytical mind and you are client focused
About the Company
Seaworks Co was founded in Kuwait in 1991 as Mubarakia Marine Service Co., as a marine services contractor. We have expanded our activities to include Marine Construction, Ship Management, Heavy Equipment Rentals, and Earthworks. With the technology transfer scheme that the government of Kuwait had opted for; we initiated a long-term business plan to develop strong alliances with international companies for streamlining future projects in Kuwait. Our most notable relationship was established in 1996, with ITOCHU Corporation, a Japanese trading house, and this relationship developed into a very close strategic alliance for mutual business interests in Kuwait. This was further enhanced by establishing a long-term association with Tekfen Construction & Installation Company, and an agency agreement was signed in 2005 with Tekfen in Kuwait.
Our parent company, Khalil Mahmoud Trading & Contracting Est. (KME) was established in 1953, primarily as a civil engineering and construction company, and has been classified as a Grade II contractor by the Central Tenders Committee since 1971 for civil construction and electrical works, which is the highest category given to local contractors working in Kuwait as category I is for international contractors. KME is best known for developing the State of Kuwait’s tenth district (Cities of Fahaheel, Ahmadi, Sabahiya, Mangaf, AbuHalifa, Fintas) by the construction of housing & commercial projects as well as relevant municipal infrastructure. In addition, KME pioneered the development of farming and mass agricultural production in Kuwait by implementing horticultural farming in the Wafra area.