Job description / Role
Responsible for marine management for a group of company-associated vessels. Assist in the development and implementation of best-in-class operational management processes for the company.
• Risk management, compliance & contingency planning
• Assists the Fleet Manager in developing QShip’s contingency plan for emergencies.
• Ensures that all marine operations are conducted in compliance with QShip’s Safety Management System and applicable international Safety, Health & Environment Management guidelines.
• Ensures company-owned and managed vessels are operated in a safe, efficient and economical manner and in full compliance with class and statutory
• Marine procedures
• Assists Fleet Manager towards compliance with the statutory/ class/ port state requirements of maritime safe operations and safe navigation.
• Assists Fleet Manager in promoting compliance with company policies and industrial best practices
• Oversees the operation and maintenance of vessel condition in the area of expertise i.e. navigation equipment, communication equipment, cargo equipment, deck etc. to ensure their conditions meet customer and regulatory requirements.
• Oversees vessels’ voyage planning and safe execution as per QShip’s
• Communicates on regular basis with all interested parties to conduct SIRE inspections.
• Monitors cargo related documentations.
Operational Supplies & Purchase
• Oversees calculations for bunker requirements and provisions for each voyage.
• Appoints agents in ports to provide vessels with the requirements.
• Coordinates with agents to ensure availability of supply according to time, cost and quality requirements.
• Monitors the supply of navigational & cargo related publications including liaison with the relevant contractors.
Compliance and Audit
• Inspections, audits & certifications
• Reviews vetting status with Operations Superintendent and prioritizes on vetting inspections.
• Assists Fleet Manager in coordinating inspections accordingly. Facilitates and follows up on vessels inspections and audits
• Assists managers in safety & quality
• Carries out navigation audits of the vessels.
Safety Management & Crew Certifications
• Participates in Safety Management System review meetings
• Conducts investigations on incidents/accidents on board in conjunction with the Manager – Safety & Quality to determine causes, and proposes recommendations to prevent re occurrence and reports on lesson learnt.
• Guides, motivates and coaches ship board management to improve their performance to meet vessel performance objectives
• Master Mariner (essential).
• 10 years of sailing experience with min. 2 years as Master on tankers or gas carriers.
• Middle East Experience will be a plus.
• Good knowledge of MS Windows, MS Office applications and web based applications.
• Fluent written and spoken business English.
• Knowledge of vessel operations, administration and inspection activities.
• Knowledge of commercial management of vessels.
• Knowledge of Quality Management Systems, including ISM, ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
About the Company
Tec Group International partners with organizations in different sectors to support their growth and development. Our core business is in the recruitment of highly specialized technical and operational personnel, usually at mid to senior level.
Additionally, we support the engagement of over 515 contractors worldwide as well as a number of executive search mandates.
Headquartered in London, we have progressed in 5 years from a single site business to a global operation. We have regional centres in London, Glasgow, Houston, Boston, Dubai and Qatar.
Our growth, despite progressive, has been modest and in-tune with our clients and their growth. We have 40 recruitment consultants and 11 support staff globally.