Job description / Role
• The Marketing Department is responsible for planning, organising, monitoring and controlling communications and marketing activities, including public relations, media and social media, events, films, photography, content, sponsorship and branding in accordance with the strategic programme direction.
• The Marketing Department is responsible for eleven Host Country Projects.
• The job holder is responsible for the for the Financial Business support of the Department, managing the Marketing accounts.
It is important to note that the below applies across the three Businesses (the entity, Host Country and the Tournament)
• Support the Department with the Budget planning and management across Marketing Host Country Projects and Marketing Department Divisions/Functions.
• Manage the Marketing accounts centrally, working with the Finance team
• Manage Marketing financial control
• Keep organised file system and ensure Marketing accounts are all properly archived for accounts housekeeping and checking
• Support development of Marketing tenders and the tendering cycle.
• Support Marketing contracts management
• Ensure implementation of financial policies and procedures in the Marketing Department.
• Ensure the performance and the Project implementation / production quality and provide assessments.
• Support the development and execution of Project charters, timeline and plan, budgets, risk assessment
• Support major cross-functional/departmental project cycles
• Coordinate with external agencies and suppliers contracted by the HC
• Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor directly related or relevant to the job, as well as supporting Marketing Operations if needed.
• Ensure the assigned responsibilities are delivered:
- To a high standard of quality and timeliness
- In full compliance with the entity Quality Policy and the Safety and Security rules and requirements
- In line with any standards and objectives designated in the Employee Performance Management system
Education and certifications
• Bachelor degree
• Preferably a postgraduate degree in Finance
Experience and skills
• Minimum 10 years of Accounting & Finance
• Experience working in a Local Organising Committee or in Sporting Events. Preferably in Qatar
• Budgeting and Budget management abilities
• Financial planning, control, auditing and record keeping experience and skills
• Knowledge of tendering and procurement, preferably in Doha
• High attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through
• Excellent oral, written and communication skills
• Proven ability to make critical decisions independently without supervision
• Proactive, excellent organisation, time-management, administrative and computer skills essential
• Good negotiation skills
• Flexibility and a related ability to work autonomously
• Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
• A team player willing to work on tight timelines and pitch in when needed
• A positive attitude, patience and persistence, especially when dealing with various internal and external stakeholders
About the Company
Orion Engineering was established in 1987 to supply Engineering personnel to the Oil and Gas Industry. Since then the company has grown significantly and presently has in excess of 4000+ personnel on secondment worldwide.
Our blue chip client list includes major oil companies such as Shell, BP, Chevron Texaco and Exxon Mobil and major engineering contractors and suppliers such as Technip, Wood Group. Talisman and Wormald Tyco.
The division has offices at various strategic locations throughout the world including London, Houston, Aberdeen, Lagos, Doha, Singapore and 5 offices throughout Kazakhstan.