Job description / Role
• Setting brand enhancement objectives for the year
• Brand management of our ‘presence’ on the web and in print
• Setting priority marketing objectives for each Faculty for the year
• Completing a marketing strategy agreed with senior leadership at the College
• Ensuring the marketing mix supports key objectives
• Devising specific campaigns and determining which are to be run in-house and out of house
• Ensure the marketing mix is budgeted and supports key objectives
• Media buying. Key account management with major media accounts in Doha, to obtain maximum exposure, quality and value for money through external promotion across different media
• Supplier management for tasks to be done internally, e.g. layout, or web updates. Manage the College’s relationships with the website developer, photographers, graphic designers and printing firms
• Budget management and reporting for the marketing budget for the year
• KPIs management of the return on marketing investment made by the College
• Use of social media metrics (qualitative and quantitative data from social media platforms) to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of CC’s public presence
• Target specific activities and campaigns to support admissions at the College
• Organise, conduct, analyse and report on, annual stakeholder surveys for the Head of Operations
• Build relationships with the business community and seek suitable sponsors for nominated College activities
Regular Media Management
• Social media /print/ mixed media management, using a ‘grid’ or schedule of activities and associated content based on the school’s calendars
• Manage refreshed content for the College website, using the content management system
• Manage refreshed content for College social media in collaboration with academic staff
• Organise and manage weekly newsletters and updates to current staff and students/parents.
• Maintain the College brand through internal quality control of the website, social media pages and regular communications
Internal processes and communications
• Maintain, in liaison with the Head of Operations, Leadership team and management a calendar of events for the College on an annual, termly and weekly basis
• Meet Senior Leadership regularly to communicate marketing successes and discuss KPIs
• Meet staff in charge of generating marketing collateral, and set up internal processes to timeously and efficiently translate this collateral into marketing messages
• Undertake quality control of all communications from the College including newsletters, notices, reminders and social media updates
• Assist in distribution of emails, mailshots and SMS messages as needed for Admissions and other requirements
• Maintain a list of staff and suppliers who can assist with important tasks, e.g. photography, video, media postings
• Maintain central control over social media groups and their content. Check these for appropriateness. Moderate postings on social media
Intellectual property rights management and data privacy management
• Keep a set of high-resolution images of College logos and brands and train staff in their consistent use
• Agree, communicate and maintain common editorial and graphic standards across school publications for branding reputation and integrity; maintain style sheets
• Assist staff to apply communication standards by developing simple templates, toolkits and guides for written expression and communications
• Copyright management of key intellectual property, e.g. ensuring logos or designs are registered or protected, and that plagiarism does not take place
• Keep a register of students who have opted out of the College’s policy regarding the use of their image for public purposes, and the use of their data for administrative purposes
• Together with the Librarian, ensure the College pays copyright fees on instances of IP re-use
• In liaison with the Head of Operations, plan for and organize special projects such as the graduation ceremony, promotional events or new websites
Ambition to be part of an exciting new venture and a willingness to contribute to the delivery of the development of the marketing plan for the development of the college.
Have the ability to act as the primary custodian of all marketing within the college and coordinate all marketing activity and ensure congruence with City College Strategic Plans and Objectives.
Be able to participate in the marketing planning process with college management and the marketing company and to coordinate the implementation of these plans in the college and beyond.
Be able to coordinate all marketing and communication activities and keep current all content for: magazine/newsletter, college publications, website, brochures and prospectus, print, TV and radio, internet marketing, social media, press release and image development.
Highly developed understanding of the demands of maintaining good cross-cultural, interpersonal and relationships.
Be able to propose and prepare monthly reports for the Head of Operations that evaluate the effectiveness of marketing campaigns in their ability to reach out to the target audiences.
Possess high level communication skills to sometimes represent the college at careers fairs, marketing and community events
QAR 8,000 to 10,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or related field from a recognized university
• Evidence of continued personal development through additional professional development and training.
• Possess a high level of written and spoken English equivalent to IELTS 6.5 General
• Proven high level digital literacy skills
• Possess a working knowledge of Arabic
About the Company
Artan Holding is a Qatari-owned company with a diverse portfolio of businesses including:
- Doha British School established in 1997, an international school for pupils from KG to Year 13.
- Mirage International Property Consultants established in 2004, a real estate company specializing in the sale, leasing and facilities management of commercial and residential properties in Qatar and around the world.
- Qatar Skills Academy established in 2010, a training academy providing accredited vocational education and training.
- House of Architecture and Interiors established in 2012, an architecture and design company offering diversified interiors solutions through integrated services and products.
Falck Safety Services
Field Sales Representative
Nestle Middle East
Marketing Communications Specialist (Professional Services)
Business Development Manager