Job description / Role
The role is responsible to support the marketing strategy of the department in order market and brand Qatar at domestic and international events visited by potential investors. The job holder also responsible to assist in creation and implementation of promotional programs, in order to generate maximum awareness.
• Identifies and comprehends opportunities for local and foreign investment and liaises with relevant stakeholders and team members on actively pursuing these opportunities.
• Supports in developing strategic promotional programs and materials in order to target the accurate opportunities.
• Design and produces appropriately branded effective marketing materials to meet target audience’s requirements.
• Monitors promotions activity and provides information during all stages of development.
• Provides support in organizing events, forums and trade shows to attend to highlight Qatar’s role in investment attraction to both existing and potential investors
• Drafts press releases and ensures that they are published in the targeted media channels on due time through liaising with press and PR agencies or internal departments to monitor progress and exchange information.
• Manages CRM system to track progress from promotional activities.
• Assists the Marketing team in liaising with the other departments across the company in order to provide support for day-to-day problems.
• Provides support in handling the administration process ensuring that all proper and necessary documentation are delivered to the investors.
• Keeps abreast with global knowledge and best practices in the field of foreign direct investment and marketing/investment promotion activities across the globe.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in international business, economics, management, marketing or business administration.
• Minimum Experience: Minimum 2-4 years of relevant work experience in an international business environment specifically in the roles of investment promotion, marketing, PR etc.
JOB SPECIFIC SKILLS
• Good understanding of challenges of international business when operating in emerging markets as well as investment attraction, PR, marketing and/or research on FDI, trade and international business and economics
• General understanding of PR and branding strategies.
• Some web or social media skills
• Interest in design
• Some sector experience of key priority sectors in Qatar/GCC and globally
• Collaborative approach to working together in a team and across department s
• Expertise in the use of data to analyse economic data and industry related information to understand economic impact of investment
• Good communication skills in written and speaking
• Fluent in English, strong Arabic is a plus, and other major business languages will be useful
• Keen analytical and organisational skills are required for direct data gathering and analysis, formulation of reports and presentations
• Ability to work at a fast pace with urgency to produce results and achieve goals as well as to meet deadlines and organize them and research output.
• Ability to manage multiple activities simultaneously
• Computer literate
• Ability to communicate the Qatar value proposition
About the Company
A leading Financial Organization in Qatar.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Marketing Account Manager
J Portman Brand Consultancy
J Portman Brand Consultancy
Digital Marketing Head
Senior Manager Strategy & Marketing Excellence