Job description / Role
The material planner will work with Operational manager of the Qatar Service Center to make sure all BHGE standards and Organizational need are met. He / She will also be responsible for providing / leading Material planning support / initiative in the organization.
- Oversee spares / consumable inventory parameters, including safety stock, reorder point, lead-time.
- Collaborate with buyer and technical managers to obtain the best possible supplier performance in terms of supplier on-time delivery, quality, lead-time and flexibility.
- Manage inventory control through the Oracle
- Take the necessary action on slow moving inventory
- Support cycle counting and/or year-end inventory counting.
- Analyze and take appropriate actions to optimize inventory performance excess
- Work closely with product engineering, operation and Souring
- Ensure efficient translation of purchase requisitions into purchase orders
- Support production scheduling, updating and maintaining planning tools through material availability
- Perform gap analysis and assure alignment between forecasted level of orders and capacity
- Monitor work in progress inventory, recommends rationalization initiatives and follow inventory checkbook
- Identify root cause deviations from production plan and implements corrective initiatives
- Expedite with the suppliers and update deliveries or reception dates.
- Maintain and validate the spares/ production reports and performance indicators.
- Assist sourcing, quality, engineering and operation to resolve supplier Quality issues.
- Identify opportunities for cost reduction and inventory control.
- Lead projects to improve supply chain and operation processes.
- Oversee and process supplier complaints non-conformity issues (NCR).
- Ensure the stock room is compliance with HSE requirement
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum three years of experience in a material / planning role
- 3+ year of relevant experience in a Services industry
- Knowledge of the principles of lean manufacturing and Six Sigma (an asset)
- Ability to maintain partnership relation with internal and external collaborators
- Work conscientiously with autonomy and great sense of organization
- Strong teamwork skills, leadership and strong priority management capacity
- Expertise on Oracle ERP Systems
- Strong computer and systems skills including Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Flexible working hours
- Spoken and written (English)
About Us: GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.