Job description / Role
The Materials Engineering Lead is responsible for overseeing EPC Materials Engineering for detailed design, procurement, installation, testing and commissioning. Ensures technical requirements (e.g. project specifications, data sheets, etc.) developed during FEED fully comply with project requirements and through effective collaborations and interfaces ensures process design considers the full production life cycle.
- This position is responsible to ensure all technical activities associated with the materials engineering discipline by the EPC contractor, including third parties such as vendors, consultants, sub-contractors etc are executed to project’s specifications and requirements.
- This will involve technical evaluations, including risk-based evaluation of complex engineering issues, resolution of materials engineering matters to meet technical and execution expectations.
- Major challenges for this role are:
- Effectively supporting multiple EPCs to deliver technical input in accordance with project requirements from contract award until delivery start-up of the project
- Maintaining constructive working relationship with EPC contractor to ensure delivery of engineering workscope in accordance with project requirements
- Maintaining relationships with stakeholders (e.g. Operations and SHEQ) to ensure alignment of Materials Engineering deliverables.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree in Materials Science or Equivalent
- 15 years’ experience as a senior Materials Engineering with a broad knowledge of engineering execution including design standards, specifications, codes, safety criteria, onshore facilities design, construction and operations.
- LNG and sour gas materials selection and corrosion management experience is highly desirable
- EPC detailed design execution experience
- Location: Qatar Onshore
- Contract Term: 24 months
- Work Schedule: 6 days per week
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
About the Company
We know how important people are to a business. We understand what's needed to match highly skilled technical and engineering candidates with some of the largest organisations and engineering projects around the globe. We have supplied talent to the energy, infrastructure, life sciences and IT sectors for over 30 years and we're incredibly proud of our reputation.
Now an international organisation with offices in Europe, Asia, America, Australia, Russia, Africa and the Middle East, we lead the way in supporting worldwide technical and engineering talent and we work with an enviable network of clients. In 2011, we achieved sales of 383 million British Pound.
With more than 4,400 contracted personnel on assignments globally, our position is set to grow stronger as the world looks to develop safer and more sustainable energy resources. The promise of our future lies in our unrivalled insight into the industry: and the talent that works in it.