Job description / Role
Are you an expert Materials Inspector looking for a new challenge? Then we have a fantastic opportunity in our Qatar office that could be of interest to you.
Who are we:
Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
Whether it is maximizing space in cities or making wasteland habitable, we deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes for our clients. Our people work collaboratively to create value through built and natural assets that work in harmony with their surroundings – from shopping centers in Shanghai to new rail systems in Doha and reducing air pollution in Los Angeles.
Arcadis is the leading global Design & Consultancy firm for natural and built assets. Applying our deep market sector insights and collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services we work in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes throughout the lifecycle of their natural and built assets. We are 27,000 people active in over 70 countries that generate €3.4 billion in revenues
• Client focus
Inspection of works both in progress and on completion to ensure compliance with approved shop drawings and technical specifications applicable to road and utility installations. Maintenance of robust records of all inspections undertaken to support the completion of the Project Record and to underpin contractor payments. Providing onsite support to Site Engineers, Land Surveyors and Safety Engineers as requested.
• Support administration of the Inspection Request process ensuring requests are processed and inspections properly documented within pre-defined timescales
• Undertake inspection of works in progress/on completion against pre-defined standards and applicable drawings
• Provide support to all other members of the construction supervision team on site as requested by the Site Engineer
• Assist in developing and maintaining a proactive safety culture and incorporate safety observations into daily works inspection activity
• Support Site Engineers via the provision of technical insight and knowledge in site works related matters as requested
• Monitor construction progress against approved design and applicable standards – this infers a broad surveillance role beyond specifically undertaking inspections on request
• Assist Planning Engineers in monitoring project(s) delivery against agreed baseline schedules
• Represent the Company in a professional manner
Qualification / Requirements:
• Technical Diploma/Degree
• Minimum of ten (10) years postgraduate experience
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience in major road/drainage project design or construction
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience in in-ground infrastructure construction contract administration
• Experience in supervising wet/dry utility installation and local roads construction preferably with interdisciplinary co-ordination and demonstrable expertise in a specific discipline (Roads or Drainage)
• Knowledge of QCS, QSDDM and/or international design standards
• Experience within GCC (preferred)
What We Offer:
A dynamic and challenging opportunity with an international focus, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. A great working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career.
About the Company
ARCADIS is the leading global natural and built asset design & consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. ARCADIS differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are 28,000 people that generate more than 3 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world.