Job description / Role
My client is an International consultancy that has recently been awarded a PWA projects based in Doha, Qatar.
The Senior Material Specialist will be the focal point for the supervision of the overall Material procurement and execution in the Project.
The scope of the Project includes the usage of different type of decorative first-class materials as Granite, Concrete tiles, metallic-concrete shelter, and road furniture.
For this reason, the project strongly requires an expertise in term of construction methodology, construction management and project management, ensuring the achievement of the expected high-quality standard for the execution control of the project materials.
The position shall be knowledgeable of all ISO standards like ISO 9002:2008, 19011 in addition to the technical engineering standards like BSEN, BS, ASTM, AASHTO, ACI, etc. and expert in local Qatar standards like QCS 2014 and its amendments (IAN’s, Qatar Traffic Manual, etc.).
Moreover, the senior Material specialist should be an expert in performing construction material testing, both on site and in laboratory, and construction material inspection in the production factory.
• Responsible for the overall quality Assurance, Monitoring & Controlling of the material movement/handling/storage on the Project.
• Report to the Client and to the Senior Resident Engineer – Team Leader regarding all the aspects related to Materials within the project.
• Responsible for the approval of material submitting for the materials/manufacturer/suppliers.
• In charge of the Inspection Management and Installation of the overall construction materials delivered to the Project.
• In charge of auditing and supervising material testing and construction material inspection to the production factory.
• Responsible for recommending the approval of the Mockup of the work.
• Responsible to Analyse/evaluate laboratory test results and product failure data to determine causes of problems and develop solutions.
• Responsible of raising nonconformity report for any material defect at site.
• Responsible to manage the team of Material Engineer/Inspectors.
• Submit and recommend for approval to PWA the contractors proposed construction materials source/supplier being used for the project.
• Responsible for supervise/check/monitor all measuring device/test equipment, laboratory/field material sampling/quality testing activities and evaluate/analyse the test results obtained.
• Responsible for check and evaluate all materials quality assurance / quality control documents per approved ITP and project quality plan (PQP).
• Responsible for the development and implementation of the Material Status Report for the project.
• Coordinate with Supervision construction team the best construction methodology to obtain high quality final outlook.
Qualifications Required for the Role:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Architecture
• Professional License in a recognised Engineering or Architecture Organisation
• Minimum of 20 Years of Work Experience
• Minimum of 7 Years of Similar Experience.
About the Company
QS Quest Ltd - Your Middle East Recruitment Partner
QS Quest Ltd are a niche Recruitment Consultancy specialising in the placement of Construction & Engineering professionals into the Middle East. We deliver end to end recruitment for both client and candidate, with the ability to identify key Construction & Engineering professionals from all nationalities.
With a detailed knowledge of the local Middle East market, we have a proven track record of sourcing and delivering key staff for some of the regions most recognised Construction & Engineering projects.
Geographical areas covered are: Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE, Kuwait, Oman. Bahrain and Iran.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
A Leading Financial Organization in Qatar