Job description / Role
Mechanical Estimation Engineer (UPDA Certified Grade A)
QR Negotiable Tax Free Package
Digby Morris' client is a highly respected employer in the Qatari market. A privately owned main contractor which employs about 5000 employees entirely in Doha, the company has been operating for about 30 years and has a turnover in the region of $600m per annum. It is largely involved in traditional D&B construction projects including hotels and high rise commercial projects as well as residential and industrial projects.
• MUST be UPDA certified Mechanical Engineering Graduate
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in estimation for large scale projects
• Proficient in CCS Candy estimating software.
• Sound knowledge in Plumbing, Drainage, Firefighting and HVAC systems
• Analyze and evaluate market quotation technically and commercially.
• Prepare detailed material and labour costing by studying project documents.
• Responsible to Prepare tender proposal independently.( Both commercial and technical)
• Good experience in preparing Value Engineering Proposals. (Alternative tender proposal)
• Handle post tender clarifications from the client/consultant.
• Knowledge of Qatar local market. (Suppliers & sub-contractors)
• Preparation of Bill of Quantities from drawings. Knowledge of any quantity take off software is preferable.
• Able to prepare quick estimates using minimum available documents.
• Experienced in both Labour cost and material cost estimation.
• Willingness to work extra hours to meet the tender submission guidelines
About the Company
Digby Morris one of the first choice recruitment consultancies operating within the property and construction industry. Offering expertise in executive search & selection, contingency recruitment, interim management and contract placements as well as a comprehensive range of specialist consulting services, we understand that every clients requirement is different and tailor each project to our clients\\' needs.
We specialise solely in the placement of property and construction professionals from graduates to senior managers, partners and main board directors. To date our clients have included:
- Private Practices
- Leisure Operators
- Financial Institutions
- House Builders