Job description / Role
Mechanical Associate / Associate Director - Doha
Frustrated in your career development? Want to work on some of the most iconic projects in the world?
If you consider yourself to be among the top tier of mechanical building services engineers in the world and are interested in furthering your career in the Middle East, Energi People have the opportunity for you!
A rare, long term and very exciting career opportunity has arisen within one of the world's most highly regarded UK based engineering consultancies, who are looking to appoint a Mechanical Associate / Associate Director, to lead the MEP design team in their outstanding Doha office.
Along with working in an amazing office focused on human health and well being, you will be working alongside some very talented engineers in a culture of innovation, learning and development.
This role will suit a tenacious, career driven and technically gifted mechanical engineer, with aspirations to become a Director within an award winning international consultancy. You will be closely mentored and nurtured by the Managing Director into a Mechanical Directors role in the near future.
I have recruited for this excellent consultancy for over 10 years across the globe, placing a number of engineers at all levels with the business and cannot recommend them any higher. Not only do they have a fantastic reputation for staff retention, engagement and employee satisfaction, they are incredibly passionate about holistic design, offering a wide array of engineering & sustainability services across the globe.
If you've got potential and want to push the boundaries of design, they will help you achieve it!
* Key point of contact for clients on projects. Significant responsibility for managing & developing client relationships (new and existing)
* Line management responsibility for an identified group of staff
* Delegation and supervision of work within project teams, and the provision of advice, guidance and coaching
* Prepare fee proposal documents and fee calculations, for sign-off.
* Establish design concepts to ensure that designs are appropriate, deliverable and consistent with the client's brief
* Take responsibility for the technical control of projects, to ensure that all designs are technically sound and meet the client's brief
* Review and verify designs produced by direct reports and/or other team members, providing feedback as required and signing off designs before they leave the Practice
* Follow project management and QA procedures, and ensure that direct reports do so
* Participate in induction arrangements for direct reports, ensuring that relevant and appropriate training and support is provided
Qualifications and experience:
* Mechanical / Building Services Engineering qualification at bachelors level or higher
* Minimum 12 years of relevant experience within the building services design industry and a proven track record in working for international design consultancies.
* Chartered Engineer (ideal)
* Previous experience in the MENA region desirable
* UPDA Grade A gained from MMUP will be advantageous
* Proven experience across the project life-cycle
* Proven experience of managing projects and delivering to time & budgetary deadlines, whilst complying with operational and other procedures
* Proven ability to manage resourcing requirements on projects and to coordinate the input of others from within and outside the team
* Broad and deep technical knowledge in mechanical building services, plus demonstrable understanding of other disciplines
* Proven ability to negotiate and agree commercially appropriate fee arrangements and appointment terms Excellent skills to build and develop relationships with clients
* Demonstrable understanding of issues of commercial and contractual risk
* Proven ability and commitment to coaching and development of less experienced staff
A very competitive, tax free salary + benefits will be paid to the successful candidate, with realistic opportunities of progression into a Director level position.
To apply for this superb opportunity, please send your full CV and contact details online.
About the Company
Energi People is a leading International recruitment agency specialising in providing human resource solutions for the Building Services and Structural Engineering industries. Having in-depth knowledge of the civil/structural and building services markets In the UK and Middle East, we are able to supply personnel at all levels to technical organisations on both a permanent and contract basis.
This is why we take the time to fully understand our customers' needs, allowing us to provide a truly tailored recruitment solution. At Energi People we believe in forging long term relationships with our customers, which is why quality, honesty and professionalism is embedded into everything we do.
Our aim is to add lasting value to our clients and candidates through the service we offer and as a result our customers return time and time again. With a combination of extensive market knowledge, recruitment expertise and wide network of industry contacts, Energi People is perfectly positioned to offer a high quality personnel recruitment service.
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Mechanical Project Engineer
MEP Technical Manager / Head of Engineering Department
Energi Recruitment Services
General Manager - MEP
Mechanical Construction Engineer - EPC Contractor