Job description / Role
Through Parsons’ planning, engineering and construction management services, we deliver innovative, safe and sustainable infrastructure in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain and Kuwait. Our focus is on delivering public infrastructure and urban/community development solutions to our private and public sector clients alike. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world class infrastructure.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, specifications, and computer-generated reports.
• Confer with engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
• Supervise the works to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications and assist in work measurements. More focus on HVAC works.
• Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation, and make necessary recommendations and design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
• Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair to ensure that mechanical system is installed and functioning according to specifications.
• Develop, coordinate, and monitor all aspects of production, including selection of manufacturing methods, fabrication, and operation of product designs.
• Ensure the Contractor’s adherence to Construction documents and latest Authorities’ regulations.
• Reviewing Contractor’s Submissions (shop drawings, Materials, RFI, close out documents, etc.) Liaise with local Authorities.
• Provide all necessary on-site direction after due consultation with the Resident Engineer.
• Report back as necessary to the Resident Engineer.
• Monitor contractor’s resource allocation.
• Assist in reviewing the process of Variations and Claims.
• Act positively, and participate in all health and safety issues at site, as required by the Resident Engineer and project Safety Representative.
• Must comply with safety, health and risk management requirements
• Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering
• Possess 12+ years demonstrable experience with at least 5 years’ in the design and review of D/B documents for mechanical elements and HVAC systems for sewerage treatment plants.
• GCC experience is preferred
• Must be fluent in English both written and spoken
• Computer skills and the ability to utilize design software is mandatory
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies