Job description / Role
WSP is looking for a Mechanical Engineer (Design) for the Lusail Plaza Towers. Lusail Plaza lies at the heart of Lusail City. The Plaza District is defined by four iconic towers providing both a focus to the city and to the Plaza itself. The four towers are positioned in order not to obstruct views and to take full advantage of the coastal aspect. The bases of these towers are shrouded by a series of low level podium buildings that create a series of interconnected unique public spaces where a range of activities can take place.
• Responsible for design, design review and value engineering of Mechanical systems.
• He should be conversant with design and project engineering of Electrical building services particularly for supertall buildings.
• Reviewing design drawings to ensure minimized number of RFI's are received from the contractor during project execution phase.
• Maintaining quality standards for the electrical installations.
• Approval of materials based on the authority standards and specification.
• Shop drawing review based on the design.
• Responding to RFIs with the help of design team.
• Organizing the MEP meeting with contractor and Client Technical Engineers to maintain the Site work quality and Engineering quality.
• Follow-up with the contractor for the submission of Authority related drawings.
• Daily site visit along with the Inspector to ensure the work quality in the site is maintained.
• BSc Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
• Experience: 12 years overall experience including minimum 7 years in GCC.
• Having been involved in Design and construction of mechanical facilities (and associated equipment) related to building projects including High Rise Buildings.
• Extensive knowledge and experience with design and construction of large-scale and complex electrical & mechanical systems for Super High Rise Buildings.
• Building ventilation principles
• Building air conditioning principles
• Super tall tower’s hydraulic separation scheme
• Super tall tower’s allowable hydraulic pressure ranges
• Potable water demand estimating principles as per KM regs.
• Firefighting scheme narratives as per QCDD codes
• Drainage system principles in supertall towers
• Fuel/Gas storage and distribution principles
• Pneumatic waste conveyance system scheme
• BMS control of mechanical plants
• Project tracking schedules (materials, long lead materials, shop drawings, method statements, inspection & testing, etc.)
• Site supervision specifics
• Testing and Commissioning general procedure
• Candidates based in Qatar must have a valid MME Registration
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Commissioning Mechanical Engineer
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE
Senior Engineer (Mechanical) - Capital Asset Stewardship (Upcoming)
Mechanical Maintenance Manager/Facility Manager
Mechanical Technical Engineer - ARAMCO
Construction Manager (Mechanical / Piping)
|Saudi Arabia||27 Nov|