Mechanical Engineer - Healthcare Experience
Job description / Role
We are currently looking for an experienced Mechanical Engineer to be based in Doha. The candidate must have site experience in healthcare / hospital projects. The job description is as below:
• Attend fortnightly progress meetings
• Attend and contribute to weekly site coordination meetings
• Check the contractor’s minutes of the site coordination meetings and approve for MEPF content
• Receive MEPF Shop drawings and issue responses or approvals
• Periodically inspect MEPF works and write defects reports/ site instructions
• Respond to MEPF RFI’s
• Assist the Client QS to certify for the MEPF work done
• Examine sample materials and tag as approved
• Identify and approve quality samples on site
• Assist with hand-over to the client including manuals and training
• A minimum of bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering with 7/8 years experience.
• 2 to 3 years site experience on healthcare / hospital construction projects is highly desirable.
• Candidates currently based in Qatar are preferred for this role.
About the Company
Australian based TAHPI opened its offices in Dubai Healthcare City in 2000. The organisation provides a comprehensive range of services in the health planning, design and operational commissioning services for healthcare projects. The company has been involved in the setting up of standards and guidelines, as well as the training and professional development of healthcare planners, architects and managers for over 13 years.
TAHPI is one of the most prolific authors of International Standards and Guidelines for Healthcare Design customised for different regions of the world. TAHPI is the largest developer of software and web-based tools for healthcare Service Planning, Functional Briefing, Supply Capture, Mapping and Equipment Planning for the entire healthcare industry.