Job description / Role
JOB TITLE: Mechanical Eng. (Heat Exchangers)
JOB TYPE: Permanent
REPORTING TO: Operations Manager
To technically assist in the development of the Heat Exchange business, quotations and technical proposals and oversee the production process of re-tubing / refurbishment of heat exchangers to include but not limited to:
e.g. Plate, Tube, Bundle Types
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Verification of all customer’s data which will include technical specifications process data, drawings etc.
• Assist in the compilation of the technical proposals to customers for the refurbishment and repair of Heat Exchangers and Pressure vessels.
• Responsible for reviewing engineering, design, calculations, refurbishment, assembly, inspection and testing data plus pressure testing requirements.
• Specify and procurement of all materials, tools and equipment required for the purpose of manufacture and repair.
• To be familiar with the latest technology available in the repair, refurbishment, inspection and testing of heat exchangers.
• Oversee lifting requirements and transportation from customer site to Oryx Engineering Solutions Centre plus refurbishment and re-tubing work on and off-site.
• Liaising with customer to resolve any discrepancies or ambiguity with the contractual requirements.
• To ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with customer’s order requirements, drawings, specifications, codes and standards plus Oryx’s quality plan requirements.
• To ensure that welding processes and welders qualifications meet requirements and maintain all records to demonstrate that all QA/QC requirements have been met.
• To produce detailed method statements and procedures when required.
• To fully comply with Oryx Engineering Solutions Centre’s approved Health & Safety and Environmental practices and procedures.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
5 years minimum mechanical engineering experience with heat exchanger / pressure vessel experience.
Capable of presenting ‘Engineered Solutions’ with regard to the refurbishment of Heat Exchangers and Pressure Vessels to a range of levels within client organization.
Ambitious and energetic with excellent English verbal and written communication, interpersonal, organisational and time management skills with a proactive and flexible attitude to work, hours and location.
Must be able to work and perform under own initiative and have first class negotiation, decision making, problem solving and analytical skills and understand the importance logistics can have on the overall success of the business.
Attention to detail, must demonstrate proven ability, knowledge and experience to interact readily across different departments within a multi cultural and multi-functional environment.
About the Company
Oryx Engineering Solutions is a progressive, modern and newly established integrated engineering services solution provider located in Ras Laffan Industrial City, Qatar to support the rapidly changing, evolving and demanding needs of the Middle East and Africa's energy sectors; oil and gas, power and water, petrochemical, industrial and marine.
Our technical excellence and ability to deliver integrated 360o quality engineering solutions from design, reverse engineering, re-rating and repairs, means we can make your life simpler.