Client is a highly successful international consulting company with headquarters in the UK.
The company has an impressive global portfolio of design and supervision projects including across the GCC with a first-class reputation.
They currently have an urgent vacancy in Doha for a Mechanical Engineer / Sustainability Consultant to work primarily on their Doha Metro project.
This role will be split between the company’s Qatar Head office and on-site on the prestigious Doha Metro project. This engineer will be responsible for collating the required data and working with site based construction teams to ensure the successful implementation of design. There will be a minimum of 12 months work with the opportunity to move to other major projects afterwards.
Specific duties include:
• Monitor and manage the sustainability aspects of the project including specific sustainability requirements (Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), Progress Indicators (PIs), Targets)
• Report on project KPIs (supported by the project teams)
• Ensure that the sustainability requirements are met throughout the lifecycle of the project through the construction operations. This will require sustainability compliance evaluation and technical coordination, design review, etc
• Assist project teams (PMs, construction teams) with the development of sustainable solutions
• Monitor and assist the project teams with their sustainability GSAS certification efforts
• Manage workload of Sustainability Team to ensure timely delivery and high quality workflow
• A degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar from a recognised university, with post-graduate qualification preferred
• Excellent communication skills in order to build relationships and influence construction teams
• Strong administrative skills
• Experience on-site on major international construction projects
• Experience of international Middle Eastern mega-projects
• Knowledge and experience on sustainability aspects of projects - GSAS accreditation will be preferred
• Excellent influencing and negotiation skills
• Candidates already in Doha with availability for an immediate start will be preferred
About the Company
“Stratus was founded in 2005 in order to supply a unique, tailored service to the property, real estate and construction industries.”
Our approach is honest and upfront, delivering an efficient and cost effective service which we recognise is critical in the current market place. We differentiate ourselves from our competitors by providing consistent high quality results, adding real value to your organisation and allowing talented professionals in the property and construction fields to develop their potential within progressive environments.
Our open and consultative style has allowed us to successfully develop long standing relationships with clients and candidates alike, within leading consultancy, main contracting and client organisations. In tandem with this we also have an expansive network of contacts at all levels across the industry, and can provide sophisticated market intelligence, both in the UK and EMEA.
PSR Solutions International
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Hatco for Trading and Contracting
Mechanical Project Engineer
Energi Recruitment Services