Job description / Role
- Responsible for overseeing Mechanical Engineering discipline and EPC Contractor in delivery of all aspects of design, equipment procurement, installation, construction, commissioning and completions.
- Ensures technical requirements such as project specifications, data sheets, procedures, etc. developed during EPC fully comply with project requirements.
- Provide clear guidance to the EPC contractor and facilitate resolution of mechanical engineering issues to meet project objectives and milestones
Key Job Accountabilities (Max 10, each unique, exclude generic)
- Provides mechanical engineering expertise, design knowledge, quality assurance, and leadership in supervising and administering Mechanical team output in accordance with project deliverables and execution schedule.
- Directs the preparation and stewardship of mechanical engineering scope of work in EPC contract, advises and recommends design processes, proven technologies and alternative studies to optimise project cost and schedule.
- Maintains close liaison with members of Engineering Team and alignment with the Engineering Manager on mechanical engineering needs, objectives, and requirements.
- Accountable for ensuring execution of work is technically aligned and in compliance with clients Operations, Policies, Standards of Business Conduct and client Project Management System.
- Manages EPC Contractor's mechanical and LNG tank engineering activities including validation of resources, personnel qualifications and experience; usage of appropriate design tools/computer hardware/software; adherence to project objectives, requirements, specifications, standards, and design verification processes.
- Assesses and validates EPC Contractor's capability in providing all technical documents, progress measurement and reporting and recommends additional technical support to address gaps.
- Manages the discipline deliverables and field engineering in support of fabrication and construction activities.
- Responsible for the mechanical engineering, in particular LNG tanks, schedule and related milestones, provides data (narrative, charts, graphs, change management recommendations) and recovery plans to address any schedule delays if any.
- Accountable for knowledge of and sharing previous lessons learned, capturing and communicating current lessons learned to support review teams and future projects.
- Review, update and amend procedures and specifications to ensure that all Mechanical engineering references are up to date and relevant.
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering equivalent.
Knowledge and/or Experience
- 15 years' experience as a Mechanical Engineering with a broad knowledge of engineering execution including design standards, specifications, codes, safety criteria in onshore LNG storage & Loading facilities design, construction and operations.
- Knowledge in LNG tank design and construction.
Technical and Business Skills
- Excellent written and oral English skills.
- Strong organisational, planning and coordination skills.
- Strong technical, prioritisation and management skills.
- Good communication, influencing and interface skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs, etc.
About the Company
LA Recruitment Ltd and it's associated companies (LA Recruitment WLL, LA Recruitment USA Inc and LA Recruitment & Management Services Ltd) have been leading the way in delivering experienced, qualified direct hire and contract personnel to the Oil & Gas and Construction industries for 30 years.
We are involved in the placement of Engineering, Commercial, Project Support, Marine and Technical personnel.
With our Head Office based in Aberdeen, UK and additional offices in Qatar, Houston and Malaysia, we offer support to many of the world's leading Oil & Gas, LNG and Construction companies.