Job description / Role
- Assures proper installation, preventive maintenance and repair of mechanical equipment and piping systems to ensure their maximum service life and efficiency as well as their optimal utilization
- Assists maintenance and operating supervision in troubleshooting problems with critical and less critical machinery to be able to correct equipment issues, provides support in performing root cause analysis
- Performs corrective maintenance activities such as bearing change, opening of pumps for inspection or unclogging, change oil or grease, realignment of equipment,
- Provides alternatives when equipment failure is impeding plant operation
- Prepares permit to work documentation and follows the health and safety requirements such as safe isolation procedures (Lock Out / Tag Out)
- Understands drawings, schematics, P&IDs and supplier technical documentation for equipment
- Report in written (English) regarding the maintenance tasks performed, describing the activity properly and giving relevant data records
- Supervise the work of mechanical subcontractors if instructed to do so by the Supervisor
- Reviews equipment repair to detect required design changes in cases where abnormal/customized maintenance occurs
- Develops maintenance repair procedures for critical machinery
Desired start date: ASAP
- University Qualifications: Diploma or Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering
Nature and length of previous experience:
- 5-10 years’ experience as a Mechanical Technician in an industrial plant (Pref Water/Sewage treatment plant or Oil & Gas) + at least 3 years in a similar role in a Waste Water Treatment Plant.
Soft Skills and Personality traits:
- Positive attitude, Presentation and communication, Problem solving skills, an ability to stick to strict deadlines.
- Tools & spare: Measuring tape, Vernier, Bearing, Mechanical seal,
- Activities: Oil changing, Greasing of equipment’s, Vibration, lifting equipment’s knowledge.
- Knowledge of equipment’s: Submersible pumps, blower, compressor with major parts.
- Trouble shooting skill: Major work what they did, pump vibration, reason for amps high in the pump. Oil color change, use of PRV& NRV.
- Safety culture: Basic PPE for site, Work at height & Toxic gas situations
- Language Fluency: English
About the Company
Veolia is the world's largest environmental services company.
For over 160 years, Veolia has provided public and private sectors with Water, Energy and Waste Management solutions and services which are vital to human development and sustainable growth.
With over 200,000 employees on five continents, Veolia designs practical solutions for the management (operation, treatment, distribution and/or supply) of Water, Waste and Energy. Through these three complementary activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources, to preserve available resources and to renew them.
Veolia Group achieved revenues of EUR 28.5billion in 2021. (In 2020) the Veolia Group served 95mn inhabitants with drinking water, 62mn with sanitation, produced nearly 43mn MWH of energy, and recycled 47mn tonnes of waste.
Veolia aims to become the benchmark company for ecological transformation. Our goal is to build a better 21st century. We therefore see ourselves as #resourcers.
VEOLIA IN THE NEAR & MIDDLE EAST
Veolia has operated in the Middle East for over 30 years, providing innovative and sustainable water & waste services to industries, governments & communities, retail and commercial businesses.
Veolia has more than 3,000 employees in the Near & Middle East and a strong regional network of ~12 offices in the UAE, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Jordan, Lebanon, and Turkey.
Veolia currently has over 6,000 project references of work delivered in the region, and continues to develop new projects through public-private partnerships and innovative contractual schemes.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Mechanical Maintenance Technician
RTC-1 Employment Services
|Abu Dhabi||8 Apr|
RTC-1 Employment Services
Mechanical Maintenance Officer
Excelsior Group ME
|Saudi Arabia||1 Jun|
Mechanical Engineer / Drafter
One Of The Leading Manufacturing Companies In UAE