Job description / Role
• Provide professional medical care for employees and their dependents, referring patients for further treatment, specialist consultation or hospitalization as medically necessary.
Key Job Accountabilities:
• Carry out physical examinations and routine clinical examinations, making appropriate investigations, interpreting results and making diagnoses. Provide emergency cover at all times.
• Provide advice, internal and external referrals to consultants and second opinions to doctor(s) as required and approves all referrals to hospitals. Verifies and checks all hospital specialist referral done by him/her and update the senior doctor regarding them. Issue prescriptions for drugs required to deal with problems of patients.
• Undertake routine pre-placement medical examination of new employees with the assistance of the Nurse to measure elementary medical parameters. Investigates medical history and conducts systemic examinations and laboratory tests to ensure the fitness of employees for duty.
• Establish good working relationships with local hospitals in Doha and follow up progress of admitted patients through regular visitation programs and consultation with the attending physician/surgeon.
• Under supervision of the senior medical doctor, implement and supervise the delivery of preventative medicine programs and formulating preventative medicine and health promotion programs.
• Provide advice to Medical management on preventing or minimizing medical hazards in the work and home environments.
• Ensure the preparation of the daily, weekly, monthly and annual Medical reports on patients referred, treated or hospitalized, including monthly reports to the Ministry of Health on cases involving infectious diseases.
• Contribute to the clinic, by ensuring it has adequate supply of medicines, dressings, instruments and that equipment is maintained to high standards and immediately inform the senior medical doctor of any shortage or breakdown.
• Oversee and approve Medical Claims submitted by Company employees.
• Bachelor’s degree in Medicine.
• Master Degree in Family/Internal Medicine or equivalent.
• 5 years' experience in Family / Internal medicine in a Primary Care set up.
• Proficient in written and spoken English.
• Proficient in data interpretation and reporting.
About the Company
Qatargas is a unique global energy operator in terms of size, service and reliability. The Company operates 14 Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) trains with a total annual production capacity of 77 million tonnes. This makes Qatargas the largest LNG producer in the world.
Established in 1984, Qatargas develops, produces, and markets hydrocarbons from the world’s largest non-associated natural gas field. In addition to producing LNG, Qatargas is also a leading exporter of natural gas, helium, condensate and associated products.
Today, Qatargas continues to set the benchmark in the LNG industry as it safely and reliably supplies energy to customers all over the world.