Job description / Role
Location: Doha, Qatar
Nestle is often lauded as the largest food and Beverage Company in the world, but there is more to us than that. From our commitment to environmental stability to our overall promise of providing good food to enhance the lives of people across the world, health and wellness is key to everything we do as a business. We are now looking for a self-motivated Medical Field Manager with strong interpersonal and leadership skills to join our team.
Based in Qatar , you'll be responsible for managing a team of eight highly skilled and experienced medical delegates. Your job, through the help of your team, is related to our Nestle Infant Nutrition unit and managing activity around the business unit in full compliance of Nestle 's instructions, the WHO code and national laws.
A day in the life of
- Your first task for the day is developing an action plan with all the priorities for your area. This is done with the help of your Field Operating Manager and includes overseeing budgets and reviewing our market's activity to identify new business opportunities. This action plan will be used to prioritize the resources you'll need to meet your business objectives and will be reviewed quarterly.
- The second part of your day is the most important: managing your team of medical delegates. As a team leader, you're responsible for motivating, guiding and evaluating the Medical Delegates' performance, recognizing positive performance and giving feedback on areas that need improvement.
- You will also be responsible for ensuring that our Medical Field team complies with Nestle 's strictest requirements that they will not seek contact with, or give advice to pregnant women, or mothers of infants and young children regarding Infant Formula in their business capacity.
- Once that's done, the next part of your day takes place outside of the office. Your job has quite a few external stakeholders. From medical/paramedical contacts to local government bodies (like the Ministry of Health) and our distributors, you'll be responsible for maintaining relationships with our biggest external stakeholders. This involves personally visiting the key opinion leaders in your assigned geographical scope and organizing and coordinate scientific lectures on Nutrition related topics with medical/paramedical groups.
- Back at the office, the last part of your day is about recruitment and talent management. With the help of the Field Operations Manager, your job is to ensure the maximum efficiency and effectiveness of your team, including transfers sourcing and actively taking part in recruitment processes.
What Will Make You Successful?
- Bachelor of pharmaceutical Science/Medicine/Nutrition or Biology.
- Two to three years' experience as Senior Medical Delegate in Nestle and/or previous experience in managing people.
- In-depth knowledge of WHO International Code of Marketing of Breast-Milk substitutes and Nestle Instructions and local country codes
- Expertise in Nestle Nutrition Product Knowledge, and in Infant Nutrition in general.
- We're looking for someone with strong leadership and fluency in English and Arabic.
About the Company
Nestle with headquarters in Vevey, Switzerland was founded in 1866 by Henri Nestle and is today the world's biggest food and beverage company. Sales for 2006 were CHF 98.5 bn, with a net profit of CHF 9 bn. We employ around 265,000 people and have factories or operations in almost every country in the world.
The Company's strategy is guided by several fundamental principles. Nestle's existing products grow through innovation and renovation while maintaining a balance in geographic activities and product lines. Long-term potential is never sacrificed for short-term performance. The Company's priority is to bring the best and most relevant products to people, wherever they are, whatever their needs, throughout their lives.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies