Job description / Role
Main purpose of the Position
The Medical Field Supervisor ensures the implementation of detailing activities relating to Nestle's Infant Nutrition products to the medical professionals in his/ her area in the most effective and efficient way possible in full compliance with the WHO Code / Nestle instructions, the National Code as well as local national laws and rulings in this regard, through his team of Medical Delegates.
Key Outputs / Deliverables
- Develop an action plan (quarterly reviewed) establishing detailing objectives for his/her area and prioritizing resources to be used to achieve these objectives, in line with his Field Operations Manager.
- Continuously monitors and review territory activities through CRM in addition to other data sources on HCPs demographics to identify opportunities, propose yearly strategies, and field force size
- Budget foreseeable expenses especially those involving special functions (scientific meeting, etc), and ensures proper requisition, allocation and distribution of all materials for his team.
- Review Classification of healthcare professionals by medical delegates according to type, and fair distribution of coverage, and ensures overall consistency of all databases
- In liaison with Field Operations Manager ensure maximum efficiency and effectiveness of team of medical delegates, including transfers sourcing, actively participating in recruitment processes
- Motivate, coach, guide and evaluate MD's performance by validating the effectiveness of programs on detailing skills, product knowledge and presentation skills so as to recognize positive performance and feedback on areas requiring improvements
- Organize and conducts cycle meetings, instructing the medical delegates on the use of new literature / promotion materials, as well as updates team on new development in nutrition, products and regulations communicated to him by the Nutrition Management. Ensures that action points arising from these meetings are followed up and implemented
- Gain insights into product availability and takes appropriate actions related to HCP communications and activities.
- Monitor and report competitors' activities and his/her territory and propose action plans accordingly.
- Personally visit KOLs and most important stakeholders in his assigned geographical scope
- Organize and coordinate scientific lectures on Nutrition related topics with medical / paramedical groups.
- Ensure own strict adherence and compliance, as well as that of his/her Medical Delegates and their activities, to the WHO International Code of Marketing of Breast-Milk substitutes and Nestle Instructions and local country codes.
- Ensure that Medical Field team complies with Nestle's strictest requirements that they will not seek contact with, or give advice to pregnant women, or mothers of infants and young children regarding Infant Formula in their business capacity.
What Will Make You Successful?
- Bachelor of pharmaceutical Science /Medicine / Nutrition / Biology.
- 2-3 years as Senior Medical Delegate in Nestle and / or previous experience in managing people
About the Company
Nestle with headquarters in Vevey, Switzerland was founded in 1866 by Henri Nestle and is today the world's biggest food and beverage company. Sales for 2006 were CHF 98.5 bn, with a net profit of CHF 9 bn. We employ around 265,000 people and have factories or operations in almost every country in the world.
The Company's strategy is guided by several fundamental principles. Nestle's existing products grow through innovation and renovation while maintaining a balance in geographic activities and product lines. Long-term potential is never sacrificed for short-term performance. The Company's priority is to bring the best and most relevant products to people, wherever they are, whatever their needs, throughout their lives.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Nestle Middle East