Job description / Role
Preparing complete cost of estimation for MEP elements which includes; material, labor, erection equipment's, testing / commissioning man hours, direct & indirect resources in line with BOQ, scope of work, project specifications & standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Study tender documents including drawings, project specification, BOQ, scope of work, contract details and conditions.
• Preparing tender study report by analyzing the scope of work.
• Study tender BOQ, quantities take off, sending enquiries to the / subcontractor’s vendors to get competitive quotations.
• Implement tender strategy as communicated by proposals / estimation manager.
• Liaise with construction / operations team to establish execution / method statements and reflect the same in estimation.
• Establish direct cost resources required to execute various activities.
• Prepare manhour calculations for various activities.
• Preparing technical clarifications to client for discrepancies in tender documents after reviewing. Incorporating the changes after response.
• Participate in pre- tender meetings, site visits and preparing site visit report to analyze the project scope of work.
• Analyze vendor technical offers and commercial as well in view of project specifications and standards.
• Preparing comparative statements to analyze and select the most appropriate vendors and subcontractors.
• Prepare vendors cost comparative study report to get financial selection of vendors/ subcontractor & price.
• Preparing required bid documents includes commercial and technical’s submittals.
• Collect all vendors’ technical data sheets, vendor’s specification, drawings and compile in line with tender documents to prepare technical bid submission.
• Preparing coordinating post tender technical clarifications and commercial as well.
• Coordinating with vendor post tender clarification to technical qualifications.
• Assist the management for post tender commercial negotiations with client and vendors as well to reach competitive pricing.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist the project and procurement team after award / in the initial phase of the project.
• 5-10 years experience in Tendering / Estimation
• 2 -5 years site experience
OTHER SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
• Preferably having Candy software experience or any other tendering software. Expert in MS office.
• Must have MMUP certificate (Grade A, B, C)
• Preferably having a transferrable Visa / NOC is a must.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Degree Certification
About the Company
Unicorp was formed to meet modern engineering and construction challenges by successfully implementing as General Contractor major Infrastructure, Industrial Civil and Commercial projects in gulf and the Region with various state-of-the-art methods of construction as well as working in conjunction with renowned international engineering and specialized construction firms.
Unicorp provides highly trained and well-experience management executives, engineers and technical staff, consists of highly skilled workers and laborers . The company\'s structure and resources can meet the high expectations of its Clients, and can effectively respond to the exacting and challenging demands of construction activities in gulf and other countries worldwide.
Unicorp currently employs around 5,000 personnel of various trades and nationalities. It is endowed with the leadership of well-experienced construction management executives, civil, structural, mechanical, electrical and instrumentation engineers, and highly competent technical staff.
United Development Company (UDC)
Sr. MEP Estimator
One Thousand Walls
Mechanical Estimation Engineer
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
|Abu Dhabi||17 Jan|
Senior MEP Manager
Unibuild Group of Companies