We are currently looking for a MEP Interface Engineer for our Metro project in Doha, Qatar. You will be reporting to the Interface Management Manager
• Supervise the resolution of interfaces between civil D&B Contractors and the MSI Contractor in coordination with the Civil PMC and responsible departments in QR.
• Support the formal interface management processes.
• Review the civil’s D&B contractors Civil, MEP and architectural designs to confirm the adequacy of provisions for rail systems
• Provide full professional Consultancy Services to conduct checking and verification of the interface design, submitted by the MSI Contractor
• Carries out the Consultant Services required for this position and deemed to represent the minimum acceptable qualifications for the Services
• Adhere to the applicable legislation and statutory requirements, as well as any customer specific requirements
• Verify and review the continued adequacy, suitability and effectiveness of implemented systems and services
• As a member of the PMCS interface management team, he ensures interface management KPIs are met.
• Assist the Interface Manger, as required, in managing the MSI Contractor in a lead role to ensure that interfacing issues are registered, tracked and dealt with through an interface management system.
• Report to the Interface Manager in a timely manner whenever required
• Check that the design submissions are in conformity with the pre-agreed formats and time line for submission.
• Is expected to comment on and suggest any alterations to the design necessitated by site conditions throughout the duration of the Project
• Communicate early warnings related to interface issues
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate
• Review interface control documents issued by the MSI Contractor and the Civil D&B contractors and coordinate the content therein with the PMCS discipline leaders.
• Coordinates reviews of the Civil D&B contractors design documents at the interface with the PMCS discipline leaders
• Coordinates the answers prepared by the PMCS discipline leaders and / or the MSI contractor to RFIs submitted by the Civil Contractors and ensures consistency in these answers across various civil packages.
• Issues RFIs to the Civil D&B Contractors as appropriate in coordination with the rail systems discipline leaders, the interface manager and / or the MSI Contractor.
• Attends regular interface coordination meeting with Civil D&B contractors and Civil PMCs.
• Review the Contractor’s Interface Management System, Interface Management Plan, Coordinated Design Interface Program and reports, and Interface Requirements Specifications against the Client’s Company Management System (CMS) – Program Stakeholder Management and Coordination Plan: Program Design and Interface Management Plan and report to the Interface Management Manager whether such plans and approach are fit for purpose, or make recommendations for improvement
• Have an advisory and acceptance role in technical issues related to design review and compliance with the specifications.
• Participate in external interfaces with major stakeholders, as well as agency interfaces between other public transport projects and all internal project interfaces, as instructed by the Interface Management Manager
• Participate in the integration between the Civil(s) and MSI Contractors design based on railway design experience, when asked by the Interface Manager
• BSc, BEng, BA or Equivalent
• Has total experience of more than 10 years
• Has railway experience of at least 5 years
• Has experience in designs and issues related to the management of interfaces as regards railway systems and MEP
• Is familiar with different international standards and specifications
• Demonstrate extensive experience in a similar role on a comparable international transit system
Is familiar with the local environment and culture and have a solid understanding of regulatory approvals, and permitting from government agencies.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
MEP Site Engineer
Total Alliance Health Partners International - TAHPI
MEP Team leader
Energi Recruitment Services
Quest Search & Selection
Senior Mechanical Engineer