Job description / Role
Provide MEP project management oversight of appointed consultants and contractors. Technical specialist in the management team for electrical, HVAC, plumbing, fire systems, ELV and specialised systems, pumping stations, water supply and treatment etc. Monitoring design, supervision during construction to ensure best practice design and quality construction is delivered on time and to cost.
• Develop working templates for establishing and tracking project MEP requirements, technical specifications, cost estimations and appointment of contractors.
• Work with the Project Manager to establish key performance indicators for critical MEP parameters on the project.
• Develop systems for reporting to monitor and track MEP technical issues.
• Review the supervision consultant’s procedures for quality checks and site inspections for MEP and monitor processes to address all MEP site related issues.
• Coordinate with the project commissioning consultants to ensure that all projects are commissioned to meet the contract requirements.
• Monitor MEP work such as installation of power Sub Station and Distribution works, UPS, Air conditioning, BMS systems, Lifts, Fire hydrant & protection system, Hydro pneumatic systems, water distribution system and other MEP activities as required.
• Serve as the MEP expert in the PM team for all matters related to design, quality assurance and documentation of mechanical works.
• Acquire a detailed understanding of contract documents (drawings and specifications), phasing plans, MEP systems interrelationships, construction sequencing, and project schedules to advise the project manager as necessary.
• Assist in the development and review of MEP systems for the project. Manage the supervision consultant to approve the contractor’s as-built drawings and submittals and log MEP changes and as-built information.
• Define scope, budget and justification of MEP change work orders.
• Ensure appropriate usage and application of the Project Management System (PMS) with respect to entry and analysis of work related data.
• Oversee the testing and commissioning of MEP equipment and the review and approval process for all mechanical and technical submittals.
• Monitor design consultants and the MEP supervision consultants with regard to approvals and liaise with local authorities and ministerial agencies as necessary.
• Assist project team in negotiations with contractors regarding the value of claims or changes in schedules and prepare recommendations on claims - approval or rejection.
• Assist in development of RFPs/Tenders by QPM as part of the procurement process.
• Coordinate with the Project Manager, Construction Manager (onsite) to collate and analyze periodic reports to help understand project performance against MEP standards and drive remedial actions.
• Interface with client in relation to MEP activities on site.
• Oversee and advise on the estimates prepared by the QS/Cost Control relating to MEP works and collate and analyze periodic cost reports to monitor cost performance
• Coordinate with QA and HSE to monitor compliance by the MEP consultants and contractors with management plans.
• 15 + Years post graduate experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
• Professional Registration preferred
• MEP design and construction best practice.
• Understanding of overall construction engineering disciplines
• MEP Value Engineering
• IT tools and systems supporting MEP design and construction project management
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.