Job description / Role
Michael Page are working with a main contractor in Qatar that have been awarded an Airport Cargo terminal project. They are currently searching for an experienced MEP Tendering Manger to join their project team.
• Main responsibilities will be reviewing tenders, quotations, raising RFI’s and have the ability to propose value engineering options if necessary.
• Must have worked for a major MEP contractor in the past and have significant tendering/estimating experience.
• Coordination and close liaison with in-house and external designers, procurement department and civil estimation team.
• Coordination and preparation of technical and commercial tender.
• Good knowledge of estimation process, tendering and interpretation of drawings, specifications, floating enquiries, evaluation of quotations and pre & post tender activities.
• Ability to analyze quotations commercial and technical, prepare detailed cost comparison and conduct meetings and negotiations with suppliers and subcontractors.
• Ability to lead a team under pressure with fixed deadlines, stress resistant, excellent presentation & communication skills.
• Mechanical or Electrical B.S.s and have worked in turnkey MEP contracting organizations with an annual turnover of at least 10M USD.
• Candidate must also have site experience as a PM or PD.
• Minimum 10-15 years’ experience in similar position, from which at least 5 years in Qatar.
• B.Sc. in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering.
• Good knowledge of local requirements and standards.
• Good knowledge in MS office, AutoCAD and preferable in any estimation software: Primavera skills are an advantage
• Fluent in English (To speak & write), Arabic is an advantage.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
MEP Tendering Manager
MEP Project Manager
The Wheel of Fate
RTC-1 Employment Services
Senior MEP Project Manager
|Saudi Arabia||11 Jan|
Operations Director - Facility Management