Job description / Role
This role will be responsible for two functions, merchandising and delivery. This role is designed to cater the merchandising needs and delivery requirement, i.e., loading and unloading of goods from the logistics department using a 1.5 Van either for dry and cold products for distribution in order to meet the departmental short term objectives.
- On a daily basis responsible for interacting with customers to ensure their needs are being met, notifying the sales team in case of issues/concerns
- Delivers goods in a timely and safe manner, following an appropriate/aligned journey cycle
- Interacts with customers in gathering stock status and ensuring correct planograms as per the principal guidelines, as well as fair share of shelf
- Displays goods in a timely and efficient way, while maintaining clean and neat shelves, always practicing FIFO principles and the planogram designed by the Principal.
- Reports to the Unit Manager/Sales Manager/Sales Executive daily to ensure minimum order quantity, stock report, out of stock, expiry, and damaged goods reporting
- Maintains the Van by ensuring condition before visiting the outlets
- Relieves colleagues as may be required.
- Reviews and updates planogram with the trade marketing team
- Minimum 2 years of experience in similar capacity gained from a similar industry - FMCG distributor / business
- Secondary Education or Class 10. College level is a plus
- Any nationality
- Language skills (English/Hindi/Urdu/Arabic)
- Driving skills (e.g. Valid GCC light vehicle driving license required)
- Basic computer skills (Excel / Word)
About the Company
The Ali Bin Ali Group is a privately owned company with a heritage that dates back to 1945. Our roots began with a vision to provide quality international products and services to the people of Qatar. Today our Group is one of the largest retail and distribution companies in Qatar. We are also proud to say we have a long-standing reputation for building successful partnerships with the world's leading brands across a diverse range of business activities. This success is born out of our unwavering commitment to the long-term development and strategic growth of not just our Group but also that of our partners.
Our knowledge of the market is unrivaled. That is what keeps us ahead in an environment of phenomenal growth in Qatar. The Ali Bin Ali Group has evolved and grown in response to Qatar's diversifying requirements.
As a Group, we thrive on innovation, which is the key to our consistent market share results and achievement awards. The Ali Bin Ali Group operations are currently local but our standards are International. Our partners and competitors credit us with an impeccable reputation and with excellent public and private sector relationships. But from our perspective our most important affirmation comes from customer satisfaction across each of our Group's business divisions.