Job description / Role
Alderwood are working with an exceptional British school in Doha Qatar that are currently looking to recruit for a Music Teacher for the new Academic Year (August 2020)
Roles and responsibilities:
The classroom teacher must:
• Ensure adequate planning and preparation of teaching materials against syllabus specifications and key stage requirements.
• Ensure that there is effective use of baseline data to facilitate quality 'target setting' to enable students to maximise potential and to assist in measuring value added.
• Ensure that planning documentation is accurately reflected in the delivery of the curriculum
• Identify learning objectives and criteria for success.
• Involve students in action planning, setting achievable targets, and in assessing and evaluating their own achievements and progress.
• Ensure effective differentiation and the use of a range of teaching resources and strategies. These should ensure that all students are sufficiently challenged. (Learning Support is available to assist in these areas).
• Ensure sufficient quantity of work in class and homework in line with the school homework policy.
• Mark and assess students' work against specified criteria and in line with the whole school policy.
• A good general education with a qualification to A level or equivalent in a subject is required
• B.A. (Hons) in relevant stream is mandatory
• Certificates in relevant areas such as Health & Safety, First Aid etc. would be an advantage
• At least three years' relevant experience (e.g. classroom teacher) is required
• Experience of working in an educational environment (e.g. school, college university etc.) is required
• Experience of living and working in the Middle East (and in Qatar in particular) would be an advantage
• An excellent tax free salary
• Health care insurance
• Tuition Fees
• Relocation Costs
Please apply online.
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.
About the Company
At Alderwood, we pride ourselves on best practice recruitment, tailored for the Work Based Learning, Welfare to Work and Education sectors. Our core values and attributes are important to use and underline our proven ability to deliver results