Job description / Role
We are looking to hire MWD-LWD Specialist/Engineers for our operations in Qatar.
Location : Doha, Qatar
The MWD/LWD Specialist/Engineer is responsible for delivering high quality measurements services to clients at the wellsite. Service quality, job preparation and planning and job safety are key priorities. Is responsible for the management, training and development of second engineers and trainees at well site. Provides Service Delivery with flawless Service Quality and no HSE incidents in accordance with company policies, standards and procedures. He/She reports directly to Product and Service Delivery Manager.
- Fully responsible for pre-job planning and mobilization.
- Develops and maintains a positive relationship with the clients to ensure repeat business.
- Has required proficiencies for the services relevant to the job and must be certified competent as Field Specialist/Engineer as per the D&M equipment standards.
- Fully responsible for delivering superior Service Quality to the client.
- Ensure all client deliverables (logs, digital data, reports) are delivered to the customers on time and meet client and D&M standards all the time.
- Effectively manage inventory and supplies required at the well site.
- Maintains good communication with the Client's well site representative and rig crew and D&M field support staff
- Actively participates in Knowledge sharing
- Ensures all D&M reporting requirements are fulfilled accurately and on a timely basis.
- Follows up failures with the maintenance team and ensures failure reports are closed with clients.
- Ensures final end of well deliverables are quality controlled and delivered to the clients on time, all the time.
- Ensures post job reviews are conducted with the FSM's and cell members.
- Provides quality answers and solutions to the customer's questions, requests, or problems.
- Performs nuclear tool calibrations and wipe tests as required.
- Complies with all Company & Regulatory HS&E & Quality and IT standards and policies. Wears all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required & maintains required HS&E & SQ certifications up to date.
- Performs Risk Analysis (eg. HARC, JSA) before each job or task and identifies & addresses potential safety hazards. Corrects and report hazards immediately in QUEST or to Supervisor.
- All other duties as assigned by PSD Manager
Qualifications & Experience
- Technical Diploma/Degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years' of relevant experience as MWD-LWD Specialist/Engineer with proficiency in various tools related namely TeleScope, MicroScope675, SonicScope675, StethoScope675, geoVISION675, EcoScope, OptiDrill
- Able to work in Qatar as per the local regulations
- Must be fluent in English
Schlumberger is the world's leading provider of technology for reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing to the oil and gas industry. We have more than 20 years of experience in delivering world-class service to our customers through integrated projects. These projects range from basic service coordination through to complete development and abandonment of fields. To meet the growing needs of our business we are encouraging applications from experienced professionals who share our passion for delivering excellence in all aspects of project delivery.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
About the Company
Schlumberger is the world's leading provider of technology for reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing to the oil and gas industry. Working in more than 85 countries and employing people who represent over 140 nationalities, Schlumberger supplies the industry's most comprehensive range of products and services, from exploration through production and integrated pore-to-pipeline solutions for hydrocarbon recovery that optimize reservoir performance.